4-Minute Workout That Replaces 1 Hour in the Gym
12 Time-Efficient and Effective Exercises You're Not Doing
What are the most important things you need in a workout? The two that will give you the most bang for your buck are time-efficient, effective exercises. We're busier than ever and most of us don't have an hour or more to work each muscle group 2 to 3 times a week, as well as fit in another hour of cardio , as the guidelines suggest.
These exercises are exactly what you need to work your entire body in a short, intense workout. These moves:
- Target multiple muscle groups - The more muscles you work, the higher the intensity and the more calories you burn both during and after your workouts.
- Functional - Your muscles don't work in isolation in the real world, so why should you work them that way in your workouts? These moves mimic the real-life activities we do on a regular basis, from picking up groceries to pushing open doors while our hands are full.
- Efficient - Any time you can work more than one muscle at a time, you shave off precious time from your workout, making a busy schedule one more obstacle you can cross off your list.
- Intense - If you're short on time, the one thing you want to focus on is intensity. The harder you work, the greater the afterburn.
You can take these exercises and add them to your usual workouts or, if you really want a challenge, put them all together in a killer circuit workout.
These are advanced moves, so watch yourself and be sure to see your doctor if you have any conditions, injuries, etc.
Dumbbells, a kettlebell (use a dumbbell if you don't have one), and a resistance band.
- Start with at least 5 minutes of cardio to warm up.
- Do each exercise for 30-60 seconds, one after the other, and try not to rest between exercises.
- Repeat the entire circuit once for a shorter workout, or up to 3 or more times for a longer, more intense workout.
Video: 15 Tips To Manage Your Time Better
Cranberry-Pumpkin Granola Bars
15 Breast Cancer Survivors Share What Surprised Them Most About Having Cancer
Iedereen denkt dat Bruno uit First Dates heeft gelogen
How to Choose Foods that Heal You - 10 Simple Healing Foods
15 Foods You Should Never Buy on Sale
How to Get Your First Job (for Teens)
How to Sing in Front of a Large Audience
10 Bad Habits That Raise Your Diabetes Risk
How to Do Cleansing with Ayurveda
Body Dynamix by Debbie Siebers Workout DVD Giveaway
How to Know What It Means to Love Someone
When Money Talks Go Round Round (And Lead Nowhere)
Karen Millen Autumn Winter 2014: A Curated Wardrobe
Zika May Be Passed on Through Tears, Sweat