3 main superfoods of February (grapefruit, fennel and asparagus) + recipes how to prepare them
Appearing by crossing an orange with a pomelo, for some reason grapefruit borrowed its name from grapes (English grapes).
proteins 0.8 g
fat 0.1 g
carbohydrate 11 g
Only 42 kcal
Grapefruit is a cool fruit. He and tart, and spicy, and sweet at the same time. He, like any other citrus, in principle, is available all year, but ... If we are talking about seasonality, now is his time. Grapefruit is not high-calorie, but very nourishing and full of nutrients, such as vitamin C, pantothenic acid, copper, vitamin A, fiber, potassium, biotin, vitamin B1.
It has been scientifically proven that daily consumption of grapefruits, except perhaps only immortality, does not guarantee. There are many studies on the fact that the fragrance of ripe fruit alone has a positive effect on the body, saving it from overwork and depression.Drinking grapefruit fresh for breakfast or adding juicy pulp to a seafood salad salad will significantly reduce the risk of many unpleasant diseases, such as obesity, diabetes, heart disease, and even cancer, improve skin condition and completely forget what febral is in February.
Vitaminized cocktail # Wonder (according to the recipe of Anastasia Fedorina)
We will need:
- 2 oranges
- 1 large grapefruit
- 300 g pineapple pulp
- 1 cm ginger root
- citrus juicer
- Ginger cleaned and rubbed on a fine grater.
- Squeeze juice from citrus.
- In a blender, mix until smooth consistency of grated ginger, citrus fresh juice and diced pineapple. We drink slowly and with pleasure!
One of those vegetables that can and should be eaten whole. Raw or cooked tops, roots and even fennel seeds perfectly complement any dish, giving it tons of benefits and a steady licorice sweetness.
proteins 1.2 g
fats 0.2 g
carbohydrate 7 g
Only 31 kcal
Fennel is an ideal dietary product, the useful properties of which allow not only to preserve the shape, but also save the body from many ailments.Just see how many vitamins there are: vitamin C, fiber, potassium, molybdenum, phosphorus, sodium, potassium, magnesium and iron! All these and many other “elements” necessary for our body make fennel indispensable not only in the kitchen, but also in medicine. Like all spices, fennel has a unique combination of phytonutrients, which give it a naughty antioxidant (read, anti-inflammatory and rejuvenating) strength that even cancer can overcome. And the digestive power of fennel is simply amazing. A small piece of fennel (or tea from the seeds) after a hearty lunch / dinner will relieve you of many embarrassing overeating (gas formation, diarrhea or, on the contrary, constipation). It is better, of course, not to overeat, but to put fennel in a fresh salad, add to the morning #greendetox (fennel juice is very useful for violations of the cycle!), Soup or stew.
Cream soup of baked fennel and carrots
We will need:
- 2 medium fennel bulbs
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion head
- 1 clove garlic
- 5 tbsp. spoons of vegetable oil
- 750 ml chicken or vegetable broth
- 750 ml of water
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- a pinch of cayenne pepper and ginger
- 2 tbsp.spoons of lemon juice
- Fennel well wash and cut into four parts. Onions and carrots are cleaned and also divided into parts (carrots can be cut simply along).
- Mix the vegetables with ground pepper and ginger, sprinkle with lemon juice and bake in the preheated oven to 220 degrees Celsius for 15-20 minutes.
- Pure vegetables in a blender with broth to the desired consistency (if necessary, diluted with water).
- Pound fennel seeds in a mortar or grind in a coffee grinder. Mix with vegetable oil. Fennel oil is ready.
- Pour soup into a saucepan and bring to a boil over low heat. Serve immediately, sprinkled with fennel oil.
Green, fleshy and juicy asparagus shoots are harbingers of spring. Their appearance on the shelves of farmers' markets and shops with #organic food signals the awakening of Mother Nature, along with which, by the way, it's time to wake up to us.
proteins 1.8 g
fat 0.1 g
carbohydrate 3.1 g
Only 20 kcal
Like real spearmen, slender and resilient shoots of asparagus are designed to protect the human body from premature aging and disease.These guys radiate favor. Here such nutrients as vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B6, C, E, K, fiber, manganese, phosphorus, zinc, iron, protein. Nelabo so, yes ?! And this is not all secret components of asparagus. It, along with chicory and Jerusalem artichoke, is a source of inulin - a very rare and incredibly important digestive enzyme. Glutathione contained in the shoots of asparagus breaks down carcinogens and free radicals, providing detoxification of the entire body (firing of two guns because of poor health). The abundance of antioxidants contained in asparagus almost neutralizes the premature destruction of cells, and therefore, delays the aging of the whole organism. Asparagus can also be useful for people suffering from cardiovascular diseases and prone to puffiness, as it has a high concentration of asparagine, an amino acid known for its salt-producing properties.
Of all the possible methods of cooking asparagus, it is possible to preserve the maximum amount of the nutritional properties of this product only when stewing.
We will need:
- 150 g asparagus
- 3 tbsp. spoons of any broth or plain water
- 3 tbsp.spoons of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp. spoons of lime juice
- a little pepper freshly ground (no need to salt)
- Garlic is peeled and finely chopped.
- Bring the broth or water to a boil and simmer the asparagus in it under a lid on a small fire for 3-5 minutes.
- Throw asparagus into a colander, cool a little and serve as a side dish for meat / fish / omelette, pre-seasoned with garlic, pepper and lime juice.
A beautiful flower from simple motives
What can and can not forgive a man
How can you look young in 40 years
Secrets of cooking monkfish dishes
Chic flower garden at home. The secret - in the top dressing 9 tricks of drawing up the floral menu