Amazing properties of figs
Nature has given us a lot of useful and unique. What is only one fig, in which so many different nutrients. And what is useful dried figs? And can everyone eat it?
What is it?
Fig grows on a tropical tree. This tree reaches a height of 13 meters, and it is found, for example, in Egypt, India, and also in the countries of Central Asia and the Mediterranean. Figs are also growing in some cities of Russia and Ukraine, especially in the southern regions. The fruit has other names, for example, fig, smekovnitsa, wine.
In appearance, the fig resembles a pear-shaped berry, covered with a dense skin of yellow or purple color (shade depends on the variety and degree of maturity of the fruit). To taste, the fruit resembles strawberries, its flesh is juicy and fleshy. Eat figs in various forms, but fresh juicy fruits are more useful. Figo is often dried, in which case most of the useful properties are also preserved.
People knew about figs for a very long time, this is testified by ancient scrolls found in the territory that belonged in ancient times to ancient Egypt. In ancient Greece, such a fruit is often served as a snack to wine.At that time, figs were considered by many to be a symbol of wealth, wealth, fertility, health and longevity.
The composition of figs includes the mass of everything useful. There are fructose, fiber, glucose, organic acids and pectins. There are also vitamins, for example, C, B2, B1, A. There are a lot of carbohydrates in this fruit, there are also proteins here.
Do not forget about minerals and trace elements such as calcium, sodium, copper, potassium, iron and some others. Calorie figs can not be called low. Thus, 100 grams of fresh fruit contains about 60-70 calories. And per 100 grams of dried fruit has about 230-250 calories.
Is figs useful? Of course, yes, you can not argue with that. We list some of its useful properties:
- The amount of potassium contained in this fruit almost completely covers the daily requirement. And potassium, as is known, nourishes the heart muscle and significantly improves the functioning of the heart, normalizing its contractile activity.
- Pectins tend to attract and remove toxins and slags from the body. And if the body is freed from all unnecessary, then metabolism will accelerate. But a normal metabolism, firstly, allows you to effectively reduce weight, and secondly, ensures the normal functioning of all organs.
- Figs are very useful for anemia, as it contains a significant amount of iron.
- Fiber, which is part of the fig, helps to improve intestinal motility, and this allows you to get rid of problems with the stool.
- Vitamin C in the composition of this fetus is necessary for our immune system and helps to strengthen the immune system.
- In addition, the same vitamin C strengthens the vessels and makes their walls more elastic, which helps prevent the development of a disease such as atherosclerosis.
- The substances in the composition help to improve blood circulation and lower blood clotting. So the risk of blood clot significantly reduced.
- Figs are an excellent remedy for restoring strength after suffering serious diseases.
- Having eaten a few fruits, you will feel a charge of vitality, which will provide the carbohydrates necessary for energy.
- Figs have sweaty and febrifugal properties, which make it advisable to use it for colds.
- It is also known about the antioxidant effect of fruits, which allows you to fight free radicals. These radicals are capable of destroying the cells of the body and provoking the development of cancer. That is why fig is considered to be quite an effective means of cancer prevention.
- Since ancient times, fig pulp has been used by women for cosmetic purposes, making it various anti-aging remedies that improve skin condition.
- The essential oils in the composition affect the tissues in several directions at once. So, they have anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and bactericidal effects. And that is why the pulp can be used to treat certain skin diseases, as well as to accelerate the healing process of wounds.
Such is the use of figs.
Can everyone eat?
Such a useful fruit has some contraindications:
- Since there are a lot of sugars in figs, it cannot be consumed by people suffering from diabetes.
- Here, too, a lot of calories, so that obesity can also be attributed to contraindications.
- Urolithiasis is also a contraindication.
- Not worth the risk of duodenal ulcer or stomach ulcer.
- If you have problems with digestion (especially with diarrhea), you should not risk it, because the fruits can act as a laxative, especially if you use them in unlimited quantities.
- The composition includes oxalic acid, which is contraindicated in such diseases as gout.
- Do not eat figs with pancreatitis.
Even in the absence of contraindications, it is worth knowing the measure and complying with permissible norms. It is not recommended to consume more than 5 medium-sized fruits per adult and more than 3 children per day.
How to choose?
How to choose a fig? Just worth noting that the fresh fruit on the shelves of stores you are unlikely to find, so buy dried figs. Here are some things to consider when choosing:
- The shade of dried fruit can vary from yellow to light brown.
- Due to the large amount of sugars in the composition, the surface of the fruit will be sticky, this is quite normal.
- The flesh should not be too hard, it should be lightly pressed with a finger. Increased stiffness indicates long-term storage and fig blast.
- Fruits have medium size and flat shape. Too large sizes should be alerted.
- Smell the figs. It should have a pleasant fruity or berry flavor. A strong smell should push you away.
- White plaque on the surface of the fig is normal and is a secreted glucose.
If you have the opportunity to purchase fresh fruits, then pay attention to the integrity of the peel and its color, the lack of defects, size, and smell.
How is it stored?
Keep fresh figs can not be long.In the refrigerator, he can lie a couple of days. Dried fruits should be sent to a cool dark place, you can put them in the fridge. It is better to protect the fruits from the air, removing them in a container, this will prevent drying.
How to eat?
You can eat the fruit in its original form, and you can add to the dishes. What to cook from figs? We offer an interesting recipe.
Make an appetizing and slightly unusual salad. You will need:
- 10 pieces of figs;
- 100 grams of fresh asparagus;
- 200 grams of fresh mushrooms;
- 200 grams of cherry tomatoes;
- leaf salad;
- 1 clove of garlic;
- olive oil;
- 1 tablespoon of apple or wine vinegar;
- salt and pepper to taste.
- To begin with, wash and boil the asparagus in salted water, then cool it and cut it into small pieces.
- Wash the mushrooms, peel, cut into slices and fry in olive oil until cooked.
- Cherry tomatoes (into two halves).
- Peel and chop the garlic on the garlic press.
- Wash lettuce leaves and narvite.
- Now prepare the dressing. Mix two tablespoons of olive oil with vinegar, add garlic, pepper and salt.
- Mix all the ingredients, season the salad and mix well.
Figs can also be added to other salads, in cereals, desserts, yogurts and various beverages.
Be sure to try the figs and appreciate its taste and benefits. Bon appetit and good health!
Crispy patties on yeast-free dough: scatter with lightning speed
Effective antiviral drugs for children
Postcards and pictures of Happy Family, love and loyalty - beautiful congratulations to her beloved husband and parents
What is useful wheat germ oil
What is microdermabras and to whom they fit