Blackberry - tasty and healthy berry
If you like berries, you probably know how useful they are. And why is it worth eating a blackberry? And what is tasty and interesting you can cook from it?
What is this berry?
Blackberries are the fruit of a plant of the Rubus genus from the family Pink. It grows on the bushes covered with thorns and having quite large bright green leaves. The berry is dark, smooth and glossy. Blackberry grows mainly in the northern regions, it can be found in forests (especially conifers), river floodplains, forest-steppes. In the gardens, the berry almost never occurs. The taste of fruits is sour and slightly oily, but some varieties are sweet and juicy.
The composition of blackberry includes the mass of beneficial substances: fructose, glucose, fiber, organic acids (tartaric, malic, salicylic, citric and others), calcium, phosphorus, iron, sodium, potassium, manganese, copper, nickel, molybdenum, cobalt, chromium, pectins, tannins, essential oils, and vitamins E, K, P, C and group B.
Useful properties of blackberry:
- This berry is useful for the cardiovascular system: it strengthens the heart muscle, and also normalizes the level of blood pressure.
- Blackberry is able to protect against such a dangerous and insidious disease as atherosclerosis, because it not only removes harmful cholesterol from the body, but also strengthens the walls of blood vessels.
- This berry is very useful in anemia, as it contains a fairly large amount of iron, which increases the level of hemoglobin in the blood.
- Blackberry is good for digestion. Thanks to the pectins and fiber, it, firstly, stimulates the peristalsis of the intestinal walls, and secondly, it removes toxins and toxins.
- Berry has choleretic properties, so it can normalize the work of the gallbladder.
- Known antioxidant properties of blackberry, which can neutralize the activity of free radicals. As a result, the risk of developing cancer is reduced, and the aging of tissues slows down.
- Such a useful and tasty berry can significantly improve the composition of blood.
- This is a great tonic and tonic that gives energy and strengthens the immune system.
- Blackberries have a diuretic effect and help get rid of edema.
- Vitamins of group B, which are contained here a lot, normalize the work of the nervous system, as well as accelerate metabolic processes.
- It is also useful to use blackberries for colds, because it not only accelerates recovery and increases the body's resistance, but also has a diaphoretic and antipyretic effects.
- Still Hippocrates used these fruits for the treatment of various joint diseases, such as gout, arthrosis, arthritis.
To use blackberries very carefully or completely refuse it costs people suffering from diseases of the digestive tract, for example, gastritis or ulcers. In addition, it is not worth the risk and kidney disease, especially severe and serious. There is also the risk of allergic reactions.
How to use blackberries?
What to cook blackberry? It can be eaten fresh, it will allow to get the maximum of useful substances. Also, this berry is added to a variety of desserts, drinks, pastries. Below are some interesting recipes.
To make a smoothie, you need a glass of blackberry,a glass of yogurt and two or three tablespoons of honey.
Blackberries need to be well washed and immersed in a bowl blender. You can immediately add yogurt with honey. All fine chop and whisk. Decorate the finished drink with fresh berries and serve.
Very tasty and useful blackberry jam will turn out. To make it, prepare:
- kilogram of blackberries (fresh);
- kilogram of sugar.
- Rinse blackberries well, remove all the stalks.
- Put the berries in the pan, pour the sugar in the same place.
- Leave the blackberry for half an hour to give it a juice.
- Put the pot on the fire, bring the mixture to a boil.
- After boiling boil the mixture for about half an hour.
- Now prepare and sterilize the jars, spread the jam and close it.
Fruit and Berry Salad
To prepare a useful and tasty salad, prepare half a glass of blackberries, an apple, a few apricots or peaches, half a glass of raspberries, as well as whipped cream and powdered sugar.
Rinse the berries. Apricots and apples cut into slices or cubes. Mix all the ingredients, dressing salad cream. Sprinkle it with icing sugar on top.
To cook blackberry jelly, you will need:
- 500 grams of fresh blackberries;
- 20-30 grams of gelatin;
- 120-150 grams of sugar;
- glass of water;
- half a lemon
- First, fill the gelatin with a small amount of cool water and leave to swell.
- Wash the blackberry, put it in a saucepan or saucepan, pour the remaining water and put the container on fire.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, cook for just a minute, then add sugar and lemon juice. Mix well and turn off the heat.
- Cool the mixture a little, then gently add the swollen gelatin into it and whisk everything together with a mixer or blender.
- Spread the composition on a portion of the ice-cream bowl and refrigerate for several hours.
- Dessert is ready!
Be sure to delight yourself and your family with healthy dishes from this berry!
Where to buy a reception desk for an administrator
How to create bouquets
How to sew a skirt bell
Barbie is finally stouter
How to choose a quality umbrella from the rain
Jane Birkin demands to rename Birkin bags
10 Vintage Motorhomes that Will Enchant You
Monica Bellucci noticeably recovered