Caesar Roll - a great snack for a snack
If you happen to be at McDonalds, then you probably tried the famous Caesar Roll, or at least heard about it. This snack has quickly become popular and loved by many, because it is tasty, satisfying and at the same time light. And if you try, you can cook this dish at home.
What is this dish?
“Caesar Roll” appeared in the McDonald’s eateries menu relatively recently, but has already become incredibly popular! This snack is tasty, but rather light (calories in it are much less than, for example, in a hamburger or cheeseburger).
Such a dish is a fried chicken bread patty (or chicken fillet) with fresh lettuce, tomato and cheese. And all of this is wrapped in a fresh wheat cake, which is smeared with Caesar sauce.
The name of the snack is related to its main components. The fact is that they are part of the famous Caesar salad. And the addition of "roll" means that the dish is wrapped in a cake.
How to do?
How to cook Caesar Roll at home? The recipe involves the use of the following ingredients:
- 2 chicken breasts;
- 2 large sheets of pita bread (it will replace fresh wheat tortillas);
- 100 grams of fresh lettuce leaves;
- 2 tomatoes;
- 2 or 3 egg whites;
- cooking oil for frying.
- hard cheese (preferably Parmesan, but you can use another).
To prepare the Caesar sauce:
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil;
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice;
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- 3 egg yolks;
- 2 tablespoons of sweet mustard (Dijon);
- pepper and salt to taste.
- Chicken fillet must be cut into pieces. Generally, a whole piece or cutlet is usually served in McDonald's, but this option is more convenient, as the meat is more quickly prepared, and it does not have to be bitten. So, rinse the fillets well, beat off slightly to make it softer, and then mix with the chicken proteins (do not throw away the yolks, they will be required to prepare the sauce).
- Now heat the oil in the pan (do not feel sorry for it, so that the chicken turns out to be juicy and soft).Roll the chicken fillet in breadcrumbs and send to roast. They should get a nice golden hue.
- Now you can do the cooking sauce. For this, clean and chop the garlic, for example, using a blender or garlic press. Mix egg yolks, lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, salt with pepper and chopped garlic. All well whisk.
- Prepare the rest of the ingredients. Cut the cheese into thin slices, but it can also be grated on a large grater. Wash tomatoes and cut into thin rings. Salad can not be torn, if you want to lay the leaves entirely.
- Go to the roll formation. Lavash turn and lay on a flat surface. You can pack the stuffing in different ways. For example, you can first grease pita bread with sauce, then put lettuce, then chicken, then cheese, and then tomatoes. But you can also put the products in a different order: lettuce, tomatoes, then chicken, then sauce (they need to pour all the ingredients evenly) and cheese (in this case, it is advisable to rub it).
- And finally wrap the pita bread. To do this, tuck its bottom edge, and then wrap first one side and then the other.
Some useful tips:
- If you want the roll to be soaked with the sauce, then put it in the fridge for a while.
- To make the pita crunch slightly, and the filling was warm when serving, after forming, for a few minutes, roll on a hot frying pan.
- Serve "Caesar Roll" as an independent snack. This dish will be ideal for a snack after active games in the fresh air or for a picnic.
- Instead of sauce "Caesar" you can use mayonnaise mixed with garlic and a little mustard.
- Instead of chicken fillet, you can use chicken nuggets in the form of semi-finished products.
- If for the first time the roll has collapsed, then try to use a sheet of large pita bread and twist it into a roll. You can also lubricate the edge of the sauce and press it firmly against the body.
Be sure to try to cook the famous "Caesar Roll" to please the family or its guests!
How best to wear different scarves (15 photos)
It turns out elephants are freezing too. Craftswomen create giant sweaters for animals
Caesar Roll - a great snack for a snack
Top 10 reasons to go to Larnaca
Beetroot Gourmet Salad. This dressing makes the royal dish of vegetables
Anthurium: yellow leaves