Conflicts at work and their solutions
If we rephrase Vadim Shefner's famous poems, the following will come out: "They do not choose work, they live and die on it." In the days of society, which is based on competition, you can move from one, but such swimming is still not infinite.
Since the working team is chosen spontaneously, then there are people with personal taste preferences and value settings. The latter contradict each other, which gives rise to conflicts at work. Regardless of whether a person likes a state of war or not, it affects productivity in a negative way. The microclimate in the environment of employees in general is extremely important. Therefore, the leaders organize training for the rallying of the group. But psychological methods are meaningless if there are conflicts at work that have not been resolved and resolved.
Conflict is a contradiction between the interests, beliefs, values and needs of the two sides.
Types of conflicts at work
- Between man and man - the most common type of conflict at work. Monolithic team is difficult to pick up. Interpersonal collisions act as a filter for the selection of personnel. Two people may dislike each other because of conflicting worldviews, political bias, but more often, people disagree in their ideas about how to work. If a dispute arises between the boss and the subordinate, then the positions are clear. The first one considers: the second one is lazy and does not work hard enough, and the second one believes: the first is a despot. If we are talking about a horizontal conflict (between colleagues), then the reason is in competition or personal dislike. True, sometimes people argue because they have different ideas about the degree of cleanliness of the workplace, if they share it.
- Between the individual and the group. In the role of "personality" is the newly arrived boss, and in the role of the group - the collective of the enterprise. The reasons in each particular case are their own, but more often the confrontation arises from the fact that “a new broom is sweeping in a new way”. Another story, when a newly arrived employee manages not to win over colleagues.In this case, if you can not make contact, then the beginner quickly disappears from the game. No one can work long in hell. If a person is strong in spirit and needs work, then he is able to turn the tide and change the attitude of the team towards himself, though this is a painstaking and stressful process.
- Between groups in a team. When the microclimate in the company is healthy, the collective is relatively monolithic. There are no cracks in it. It is clear that the struggle between personal likes and dislikes is constant, but this does not affect work, and conflicts do not arise. An indicator of the morbid condition of the collective is the fragmentation into separate warring groups (according to professional or ideological criteria).
These are the types of conflicts at work, and now we will pay attention to those of them that occur more often than others.
If at work a conflict with a colleague, what to do?
First, a brief classification of "fellow pests" and methods of combating them. So:
- “Amateur to talk or a brawler” is a boring type that distracts other people from their professional duties. In each office people “work” - “passengers”. They are serving a room. Work does not interest them.Such subjects in their activities primarily like a salary. Such colleagues feel at work tolerably only two days a month - during the issuance of an advance and salary. The rest of the time they suffer from the perish of being and say a lot to ease their pain from the meaninglessness of existence. Only one flaw disturbs others in this type of worker: he needs a companion.
- "Intriguer and traitor" is a harmful type. At work, as in the world, there are people who are greatly annoyed by the successes of others. And they try to knock the rider out of the saddle and plot. A person comes to the collective, does not yet know the alignment of forces and asks such a person to help him, and he takes and substitutes it.
- “Oppositionist or leader's sneak” is a dangerous type (“spy” or “scammer”). Two sides of one phenomenon. Such an employee either loves or dislikes the authorities and informs every colleague about this.
Methods to combat distracting factors of human origin:
- From lovers to talk and throw their inescapable longing for world culture on a person should be fenced off and obscured by an impenetrable screen of frantic labor.In the everyday sense, this is expressed by the phrase: "Sorry, the topics are interesting, but I have urgent tasks, let's talk another time." The colleague will go in search of another interlocutor.
- With the second type, one should keep an eye out and avoid dependence on him in the work. Be polite and do not quarrel in order not to get sticks in the wheel in the future.
- Do not discuss at work bosses - the main principle in the fight against spies and informers in the team.
So, the answer to the question, if at work there is a conflict with a colleague, what to do is on a simple but effective basis: “less words - more action”.
Non-statutory, personal relationships reduce productivity. At work, you need to work, not make friends. If a person firmly believes in these simple rules, then no conflict with his colleague is not terrible.
If the soul still requires understanding, even in the place where you need to work, then you can switch to a “you” with a colleague only after long reflections and weighings of all the pros and cons.
Conflict at work with the boss how to be?
With a leader you should not argue, remembering one covenant:
- The boss is always right.
- If the boss is wrong, see point one.
But the leaders are not so hopeless. Sensible people, albeit superior, in complex and meaningful disputes go to the contact. First of all, you should find out what is the reason for misunderstanding? The blame lies on professional unsuitability, or was there a conflict at work with the boss because of the employee’s personal qualities?
Personal dislike is a phenomenon that can not be eradicated. The mass of Hollywood plots are reduced to the fact that the ineffective frame becomes a successful and favorite guide. In life, the head is consistent in his decisions and dismisses the objectionable one.
The strategy of employee behavior is reduced to the struggle for the right to work where you like. It means:
- It is worthy and polite to answer the boss on his reproaches.
- Observe the distance (do not lose your temper, do not show irritation).
- If another official towers over the head, and the work has not erased everything human from him, he will be able to turn to him. True, the employee in the hands should have iron evidence of the fault of his immediate supervisor.
If the employee has specific professional claims, the algorithm is as follows:
- The man talks to his boss in detail about the problems.
- Man identifies his weaknesses.
- A man rushes into the abyss of labor.
Resolving conflicts at work. Ways of behavior in a conflict situation
- Rivalry. When one party to the dispute or both perceive the dispute as a battle. Very tough demeanor. People prove their case, even at the cost of a relationship with another person - “the winners are not judged.” If a person easily and quickly goes to confrontation, then he will not linger in the team. The state of war does not last long, it takes too much power.
- The device. The manner of behavior of the altruist, who forgets about his interests and defended positions, for the sake of peace and harmony in a team. The strategy is suitable for resolving minor controversial issues. If a person passes at important negotiations, then people lose respect for him. Moreover, the behavior of the one who is inferior does not always come from the heart. In this case, the strategy is destructive for the person consciously smoothing the corners.
- Avoidance. The person goes into the shadows, allowing the contradictions to exist, in the hope that the argument will subside by itself.Again: insignificant differences can be resolved in this way, and serious problems must be discussed.
- Compromise. A person professing such a manner of behavior, sacrifices a pawn to get the king. He creates the illusion for the opponent that he won, and bargains for himself bonuses and advantages.
- Cooperation. Behavior strategy involves winning both sides. A wise and difficult move, but not suitable for every person and situation.
As the strategies of behavior show, conflict resolution at work exists, but for each specific situation it has its own.
Anthropologists-renegades believe: in ancient, prehistoric times, before the appearance of a person in articulate speech, people communicated telepathically among themselves. Then our ancestors switched to verbal communication. Since telepaths are rare nowadays, it’s more productive to say the claims out loud.
Ways of repaying emotions in a conflict are based on a substantive conversation, discussion of problems, when the disputing parties analyze what they do not like in interaction and eliminate the flaws together.If all disagreements are resolved, live happier and freer, and labor productivity increases, the atmosphere in the team improves.
The main problem of people is that they do not know how to negotiate and frankly discuss differences. Colleagues, subordinates and superiors, husbands and wives - in social and private life - people hush up pain points that worry them and in vain, this leads to increased pressure and emotional explosions in the form of scandals. In order to eliminate the tension that arises, one must enter into a dialogue with another person. Conversation is the most constructive way to resolve the conflict at work and at home. In time, the spoken word saves lives and careers to people. The reverse is also true: if a person is silent when it needs to be said, a catastrophe is inevitable.
Conflicts in labor and personal life are exhausting and aging.
If the situation is tense, but before the open conflict the matter has not reached, then ignoring and silence (if possible) helps. When the opposition from dumb turns into flashy, then you need to talk and discuss everything to the smallest details. Analyze objective, subjective obstacles to the peaceful agreement of the parties.To understand another person, his needs, aspirations and feelings.
How to avoid conflicts at work? Carefully select the scope of activities and analyze the team
Conflicts are part of life, and they accompany a person all the time. And thinking about work and professional interests will not hurt even at a tender age. When a person is faced with a choice whether to go or not to go to a team, then you need to ask yourself about three things:
- Do you like work?
- Colleagues leave a pleasant impression?
- The boss is harsh, but fair?
The main thing is that the answer to the first question is positive. In the realities of modern society, it rarely happens that you can truly choose a job.
The cardinal answer to the question of how to avoid conflicts at work is: it does not work, do not merge with the team! But this is utopia. A person needs to work in order to live. Otherwise, he will starve to death in the street.
Stand for TV from PVC pipes
The trailer for the film I'
Useful properties of mint for our body
The most fashionable makeup of autumn 2017
How to wean a baby from breastfeeding after a year
How to drink liquors - tips and tricks
Vedic psychologists, or is it true that a woman is to blame for everything?