Exotic Persimmon Jam
Persimmons are grown in China, the United States of America, Japan, Central Asia and Korea. Fruit can be tart and sweet. The latter variety develops only in the conditions of the southern climate, and it can be eaten even immature and firm. Some astringency is still felt, but very little.
What make of persimmon? Basically, this exotic fruit is used to prepare liqueurs, beer, and various other alcoholic beverages. In Japan, it is dried to make sake (national vodka). Fans of this fruit are often interested in how to make preparations for the winter from persimmon. We offer a truly tasty and healthy way - to make persimmon jam. Reviews of lovers to feast on various fruit sweets confirm: the recipe of persimmon jam amazes with its taste and aroma!
There are several cooking methods. More often fruits supplement with some other ingredients. For example, the popularity is gaining jam from persimmon and orange.But today we recommend choosing lemon as an additional component. As a result, you will get a stunningly aromatic and delicious sweetness!
Only impatient varieties will suit us. But most often in the supermarket or on the market you can find only astringent fruits. They are eaten after they fully ripen. These, too, we can quite successfully use for our jam. Choose whole fruits, without darkening and cracks.
Recipe for Persimmon Jam with Lemon
Everyone has become accustomed to all kinds of jams. But having prepared a special delicacy from an exotic fruit, you will definitely amaze your household! Make everything as stated in the recipe, and you will get tasty, beautiful and fragrant jam.
- ripe persimmon - 2 kg
- sugar - 500 g
- one lemon
- Wash fruits thoroughly and send to the freezer for 24 hours.
- Thaw at room temperature and cut into small pieces. Bones eliminate.
- Put the pieces in a plate in layers, sprinkle each with sugar. Cover and leave to marinate for 3 hours.
- Next, pour a glass of warm water to the marinated slices and place on a plate.Stir on low heat until a boil, set aside and allow to cool.
- Without cutting, cook lemon in a separate container. Keep it in boiling water for about 3 minutes, then change the water and do the same again. Then cut the mugs and get all the bones.
- Again, put the jam on the stove, and as soon as it boils, add lemon circles. Cook another 5 minutes. Now it's time to pour our jam into the jars and roll them up.
Now you know how to make persimmon jam with your own hands! Serve sweetness with tea, pancakes, fritters and liver.
Some useful tips and interesting details:
- it is very tasty to combine jam with different types of cheese, even salted;
- tart taste due to the high content of tannin in the composition;
- fruit is very useful and rich in such substances: calcium, potassium, vitamin C, iron, beta carotene, manganese, etc. It contributes to the toning of the body, increases appetite, adds vitality and normalizes the nervous system;
- the fruit does not have a high calorie content, and therefore, it does not hurt people caring for the figure. On 100 g of the product there is only 53 kcal.
With a little effort, you can make your children happy with a useful dessert and surprise the guests with a delicious dish! Bon Appetit!
Ideas of a country well. TOP 25
Chocolate Raspberry Pizza
Share Registration Requirements
How to get rid of insomnia
How to clean the silicone case from the phone