How-To: Pork Chops with Blackberry Apple Chutney ~ Gluten Free, Soy Free, Nut Free, Dairy Free
Fillet of Organic Scottish Cod, with Girolles, Asparagus and Baby Leeks, in a Red Wine Jus
Delicious organic cod with girolles, asparagus and baby leeks, as served at London's Aurora restaurant
• One medium cod fillet
• 200g small girolle mushrooms
• 150g unsalted butter
• One bunch of medium asparagus
• 2 bunches of baby leeks
• 200ml double cream
• 2 large maris piper potatoes
• 25ml olive oil
• Few sprigs of chervil For the sauce
• 6 shallots
• 2 closed garlic
• 50ml port • 200ml red wine
• 200ml fish stock
• 200ml veal stock
1) Ask your fishmonger to scale and cut the freshest bit of cod they have, and portion it into four 180g pieces. Place these in the fridge.
2) Peel the stem of the asparagus and blanch in boiling salted water for two minutes, then immediately plunge into ice water. Repeat process for baby leeks.
3) Cut the asparagus into neat slices of approximately 5ml thick, reserving 8 tips for garnish. Repeat process for baby leeks, leaving 8 whole for garnish.
4) Meanwhile, start to prepare the sauce. Slice the shallots and garlic and cook gently in a pan with 1/3 of the butter. After a few minutes add the port and red wine and reduce by 4/5s.
5) Add the fish stock and again reduce by 4/5s. Add the veal stock and reduce by 2/3s. You then cling film the top and set to one side.
6) Peel and grate the potato, divide into four, season and then lay them in a non-stick pan ensuring that the potato is no more than 3ml thick.
7) Fry gently in olive oil until golden brown on both sides. When ready to serve, pan-fry the seasoned cod with the skin side down in a hot frying pan.
8) Then place in pre-heated oven of 200c for about 6 minutes, depending on thickness. Boil the cream; add the sliced baby leeks and asparagus, season and spoon into centre of plate.
9) In a separate pan, melt half the remaining butter and gently fry the girolles and spoon around.
10) Place the warm potato above the cream mixture. Place the cod on top of the potato.
11) Boil the sauce and whisk in the remaining butter. Pour around the plate. Garnish with the tips of the baby leeks (ensure they have been in boiling water for 20 seconds first), asparagus and chervil.
Video: Alien Earth | Life Beyond Earth - Full Documentary HD #Advexon
Mother of Eight Shows Us How its Done
What Shoes To Wear With Flared Pants
McDonalds Is Adding Side Salads No One Will Buy
Researchers Develop a Device that can Sniff out Lung Cancer
How to Grow a Sensitive Plant
Victorias Secret CEO quits Republican party
11 Ways To Set Yourself Up For A Spectacular Nights Sleep
How to Make a Soap Cake
Honey-Orange Chicken with Sesame Sauce
Boost your memory with coffee
Lady Gaga Is All of Us When She Compares Dr. Luke to Voice-Stealing Disney VillainUrsula
50 Geometric Heart Tattoo Designs For Men – Symmetrical Ideas