Have you tried Guryev porridge?
From time immemorial, cereals have a special place in shaping our diet. This is no accident, because they allow the body to obtain such necessary energy. Due to the beneficial substances contained in cereals, we not only stay full for a long time, but also strengthen our health. One of the most popular dishes in traditional Russian cuisine is Guryev porridge. This is a very useful and tasty national food that will appeal to everyone.
Wonderful porridge can be prepared for breakfast or lunch, but true fans of the dish prefer to eat it at any time of the day. Such an ardent admirer of this dish was the emperor Alexander the Third. According to history, it was this porridge that was a favorite among all his favorite dishes.
One historical, but sad fact is connected with his name and this porridge. The emperor tasted the dish before the train, on which he traveled with his retinue and his family, crashed. After the incident, Alexander the Third began to feel very bad and as a result left this light after a long illness of the kidneys.
It is believed that the classic Guryev porridge recipe originated in the early nineteenth century, after one serf cook named Kuzmin Zakhar prepared it for Minister Guryev. He was so delighted with her that soon the mayor bought the peasant and made him his full-time cook.
Over time, the cooking secrets began to master almost all the cooks of the Russian nobility. All Moscow know wanted to try a wonderful dish. Soon they knew about it already outside Russia, and the recipe of the dish was in all the cookbooks of the Russian Empire.
For almost two centuries of its existence, the food has not lost its position among admirers, and today remains quite popular. The number of fans is also growing among children, since porridge can rightly be considered a full-fledged second course and an independent dessert at the same time.
Traditional classical components of Guryev porridge are semolina, dried fruits, nuts, milk or cream froths. The process of cooking itself is rather complicated, but it is worth it, because once you taste this dish, you will forever become its true admirer.
Observing exactly the technology, you can make the process of staying in the kitchen comfortable and easy. Follow the recommendations below, and you will have excellent Guryev porridge.
- Cooking semolina. At this point, do not forget to constantly stir the cereal, so you will avoid the appearance of lumps.
- Cooking foam. This stage is very important and responsible. To make good skins, you should pour milk or cream into any container. Then put the liquid in a preheated oven. Do not cover the pan with a lid and wait for the foam to appear. As soon as you see the foam, you should immediately remove it and put it on a separate dish. Do this five to seven times, depending on how much foam is required for your semolina.
- Pre-peeled nuts, calcined in the oven or in a pan, then clean the skin and finely chop. If you do not fry the grains and do not peel, this will give the dish a grayish tint and a bitter taste. From the nuts prefer almonds, hazelnuts or walnuts.
- Preparation of dried fruits. Ideal raisins, dried apricots, figs.You can also use various candied fruits, they will not be superfluous and will not spoil the taste of the finished dish.
- Use honey, jam, jam or syrup as a sweet base.
- Put all ingredients in layers. Be sure to follow the sequence: first goes semolina, then dried fruit, sweet base, nuts, foam, and again in the same order. Layers can be any number, depending on the preferences of the hostess and her household. The main thing is to observe the correctness when laying out.
- The final stage in cooking - languishing in the oven.
- cream 35% - 0.5 liters;
- walnuts - 200 grams;
- raisins - 200 grams;
- semolina - 250 grams;
- sugar - 1.5 cups.
- Fry and chop the nuts. Peel them and place them in a separate container. Add one glass of sugar and water there, put it on medium heat. After the nuts are cured, remove them from the stove.
- Pour boiling water over the raisins for about ten minutes and leave to soak. After time, drain the water.
- Meanwhile, collect from the cream, which stand in the oven, the foam at least five times. When they harden, cut half of them into pieces.
- In the heated remaining cream, pour the semolina and, stirring constantly, pour sugar in small portions.
- In the finished porridge add chopped skins, half the raisins and mix thoroughly.
- In a greased baking form, lay a layer of porridge, the remaining nuts, raisins, and foam, and place the container in a preheated oven to 170 degrees for ten to fifteen minutes.
- You can decorate the finished Guryev porridge with nuts or berries.
Simple and fast
If you don’t have time, or don’t want to mess around with a classic recipe, you can try a simplified cooking method.
- Milk - 2 cups;
- semolina - 1 glass;
- nuts - 0.5 cups of walnut and 0.5 almond;
- sugar - 4 tbsp. spoons;
- butter - 2 tbsp.
- Pour the milk into the saucepan, pour in the sugar and bring the contents to a boil.
- Stir constantly, add the semolina to the milk mixture. Cook it for ten minutes.
- Peel and calcine the nuts in the oven.
- After the semolina is cooked, let it cool and add chopped almond nuts there. Mix all ingredients thoroughly.
- Lubricate the pan with a butter or baking dish, pour the porridge into it, sprinkle with walnuts, sugar and send it to the oven for ten minutes.
- Ready porridge can decorate with berries, whipped cream, fruit or caramelized nuts.
Gourmet gruel can be appreciated by true gourmets and simply by lovers of delicious food. After all, this dish simultaneously contains the properties of ordinary porridge and dessert. In it you will find the first and second, and cake with cake.
How to raise the rating in contact
Updating the cover
A beautiful flower from simple motives
How often should you have sex and you can
Needle - half an apple
What is cryptocurrency fork