How to brew Ivan-tea?
Tea can be not only fragrant and tasty, but also useful. If you want to improve, strengthen and preserve health, drink Ivan-tea. But first find out how to cook it properly.
What is this plant?
What is ivan tea? This is a herbaceous perennial plant that is often found in forests (especially coniferous), on forest edges, clearings, near fields or water bodies. It is quite easy to learn Ivan tea, because it has bright pink flowers and elongated constricted leaves. This plant has been known for a long time and is widely used both as a palatable and fragrant drink, and for medicinal, health and preventive purposes. Other names: willow-herb, slumber, boron potion, emptiness, skrypnik, the Mother of God grass, mother liquor, love and others.
What is contained?
The composition of Ivan-tea is unique, because it contains a variety of substances: mucus, organic acids, pectins, sugars, alkaloids, vegetable fibers, tannins, cellulose polymers, tannin, lectins, ascorbic acid, lithium, calcium, molybdenum, titanium, cobalt , potassium, iron, phosphorus, manganese, copper, nickel and so on.
Useful properties of the plant Ivan-tea and drinks made from it:
- Ivan tea is widely used in urology: it stops inflammation in such diseases as urethritis, cystitis and others.
- Useful for inflammatory diseases of the mouth, gums and throat, for example, with gingivitis, tonsillitis, periodontitis, stomatitis, and so on.
- In inflammations of the upper respiratory tract (rhinitis, sinusitis, antritis), Ivan tea also helps well, which is caused by pronounced anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties.
- Such a plant is very useful for men, because, firstly, it is effective for prostatitis, and secondly, it significantly increases the potency and normalizes reproductive function.
- The plant can be used as a mild and natural, but effective sedative: it normalizes the nervous system, helps restore nerve cells, eliminates the effects of stress, helps to cope with neuroses and depression.
- For women, willow tea is also very useful, as it can be used for various gynecological diseases, infertility, as well as for menopause and menopause.
- The plant is actively used in diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, as it, firstly, stimulates the regeneration of damaged mucous membranes, secondly, it has antacid properties, and thirdly, it normalizes digestion processes.
- This is an excellent wellness and tonic remedy, which can be used to strengthen the immune system or to restore the body after injuries or past diseases, as well as with increased exertion and beriberi.
- The plant has powerful antioxidant properties, thanks to which it neutralizes the activity of free radicals that is detrimental to the human body. And this allows slowing down the processes of premature aging of tissues and their destruction, as well as minimizing the risks of developing oncological diseases.
- It is worth noting the antibacterial, antiviral and fungicidal properties, allowing you to fight with almost all pathogens of the most common infections, including fungi, bacteria and viruses.
- Ivan tea helps with colds, as it has a diaphoretic and antipyretic effects.
- This unique herb helps to normalize water and electrolyte balance, remove excess fluid, and improve the functioning of the urinary system.
- This plant helps to eliminate pain, including the strongest headache that occurs during migraine.
- Ivan-tea significantly improves blood composition: it increases the number of red blood cells, normalizes hemoglobin level.
- There is a pronounced and powerful anti-toxic effect, which helps to neutralize any poisons and harmful substances, including alcohol. Also, willow tea helps to completely cleanse the body of toxins, salts of heavy metals, slags.
- This medicinal herb contributes to the full regeneration of tissues.
- Ivan-tea is useful for lactation, because it stimulates the production and improves the composition of breast milk.
- The use of the plant lies in the fact that it normalizes all metabolic processes and hormones.
- Ivan-tea improves the work of the heart muscle and helps to normalize the level of blood pressure.
- Outwardly funds based on this herb can be used for dermatological diseases.
Who should not use the plant?
Contraindications to the use of willow-tea are few, these include individual hypersensitivity to the plant and diseases accompanied by impaired blood clotting. It is also not recommended to use willow-tea to children under two or three years old. As for pregnancy, it is not included in the list of contraindications, but nevertheless it is better to be careful and consult a doctor before starting an appointment.
Possible side effects
The potential harm of willow-tea lies in the likely side effects. First, there are possible allergic reactions, manifested in the form of urticaria, which may be accompanied by itching, rashes, redness of the skin. Secondly, the long-term use of tea based on plants can cause disruption of the organs of the gastrointestinal tract, for example, diarrhea, gastralgia, bloating.
How to collect Ivan-tea? It is recommended to collect in about mid-summer, that is, during the period of active flowering. It should be cut off the upper ground parts of the plant, but preferably those that did not have time to blossom completely and bloom.Lower shoots with fluffy tassels are better not to touch, there is nothing useful in them. The grass should be fresh and healthy. In addition, it is recommended to collect it in sunny dry weather and in places remote from factories, factories and highways.
Tip: if there are no forests and forest edges nearby, then you can buy ready-made raw materials at the pharmacy.
There are several ways of harvesting a willow-tea:
- You can dry this plant. To do this, simply lay it in one thin layer on a tray and place it in a sunny place, covering it with gauze. You can also carry out drying in the oven at 50-70 degrees.
- Another way - drying. It is necessary to fill the leaves in a box with a layer thickness of 3-5 centimeters and leave for a day in a place protected from direct sunlight. When the plant withers a little, it is ready for use. But pre-leaves can be twisted and slightly mashed.
- Fermentation is possible. The leaves are laid on the fabric with a layer of about five centimeters. Further, the material together with the raw material is rolled into a roll, crimped to highlight the juice and left overnight at a temperature not higher than 25 degrees.
Store raw materials should be tightly closed containers, preferably in glass and having dark walls.
Methods of application of Ivan-tea:
- Try to brew Ivan-tea.To do this, three tablespoons of raw materials should be filled with two cups of boiling water. Next, the container should literally be put on the fire for five minutes, after which it tightly closed and left to stand for an hour. After the liquid strain and take a quarter or third of a cup three times a day before meals for diseases of the digestive system. Also, a decoction can be used for prostatitis or gynecological diseases.
- A tablespoon of grass, pour a glass of freshly boiled water, let it stand for two hours, strain and take five tablespoons after meals. This infusion is effective for anemia, headaches, and stress.
- For prevention and general recovery, you can use tea, for the preparation of which you need a teaspoon of dried plants to fill with a glass of hot water. When the drink has cooled, you can drink it.
- Pour 50 grams of raw material with a glass of warm water, leave for fifteen minutes, then boil the mixture over low heat for ten minutes after boiling. Strain the remedy and apply it externally for dermatological diseases, mouth rinses for stomatitis, gingivitis or tonsillitis, as well as for instillations in the nose in rhinitis and sinusitis.
10 interesting films about post-apocalypse
The most interesting places in Venice
Hare from the sock with your own hands
Create a brooch in the style of boho
Polish Pani Walewska - a delicious and matchless cake