How to cook elk meat delicious - 8 step-by-step recipes
Elk meat is a healthy, lean red meat with a large number of veins. It looks like beef. From moose meat, excellent taste to taste is obtained, including dumplings and meatballs, broths and soups. How to cook an elk tasty at home? Proper cooking is an entire science with many culinary subtleties.
To prepare it is better to take the meat of females aged 1-3 years. Elk elk and males are stiff and fibrous. Without soaking (in white wine, sauerkraut juice, pickled cucumber juice), it’s impossible to make a juicy dish at home.
Caloric content of elk meat
100 grams of elk contains 101 kilocalories. The low calorie ratio is explained by the minimum fat content (1.7 g) with a large amount of valuable animal protein (21.4 g).
Useful tips before cooking
- Ideally, the elk meat is pre-marinated in 3% vinegar for 6-10 hours or soaked in water for 3-4 days.
- To add a delicate and spicy taste, soak the meat in herbs and berries.
- Cutting the carcass is similar to the process of butchering a cow. The most valuable and tasty parts are lips and beef tenderloin.
- Elk dishes are salted at the end of cooking.
- For more succulent meatballs, add a small amount of lamb fat or goose fat to elk ground beef.
We turn to the answer to the question of what can be cooked from elk meat and a variety of step-by-step recipes and technologies for preparing tasty and nutritious foods.
Soup from elk on the stove
- Moose bone with pulp - 600 g,
- Onions - 2 things,
- Potato medium size - 6 pieces,
- Carrots - 2 things,
- Sweet pepper - 2 pieces,
- Tomatoes - 3 things,
- Celery stalked - 2 roots,
- Allspice - 7 peas,
- Bay leaf - 2 pieces,
- Salt, fresh herbs - to taste.
- Carefully wash my elk meat, put it in a large saucepan. Pour cold water, put on the stove. I bring to a boil, reduce fire to medium. I put the peeled onions (whole), sweet pepper peas, bay leaf. I cook at 2.5 o'clock.
- Filter broth, taking out spices and meat. When the moose meat has cooled, I separate it from the bone and cut it into small pieces.
- I clean and cut carrots into cubes.I do the same with potatoes. I cut pepper into slices and cut celery. Add vegetables to the broth. I cook the soup on medium heat until the products soften. I take off the chopped tomatoes and add pre-chopped meat. Cook to readiness.
- I remove the pan from the stove. I give the elk soup to stand for about 30 minutes, tightly closing the lid and covering it with a towel on top.
Elk with dried fruits in a slow cooker
Stewed sokhatina with dried apricots, prunes and raisins in a slow cooker - an exquisite hot dish-delicacy. Would you like to surprise guests rushing to your holiday dinner or to diversify the daily diet of your beloved family? Try to cook by following the recipe.
- Ready beef broth - 100 g,
- Elk meat - 500 g,
- Dried fruits (prunes, raisins, dried apricots) - a total of 200 g,
- Onions - 2 heads,
- Tomato paste - 1 tablespoon,
- Vegetable oil - 3 large spoons,
- Wheat flour - 1 tablespoon,
- Pepper, salt - to taste.
- I cut elk into rectangles. Because of the high density and rigidity, I carefully beat off each piece. The softened rectangles are poured onto a frying pan with vegetable oil and fry. The goal - to get a ruddy crust, and not bring to readiness.I shift the toasted meat from all sides to the plate.
- I fry onions in a skillet, bringing the finely chopped half-tuna to golden brown.
- In the multiquark first put the fried onions, then - the elk. From above I superimpose carefully washed dried fruits. Choose the composition and ratio of dried berries and fruits to taste. I prefer the classic "trio" - raisins, dried apricots, prunes. I take the same parts.
- I scoop a few spoonfuls of pre-cooked broth from beef, I make tomato paste, add flour and spices. I shift the mixture to the slow cooker.
- I turn on the program "Quenching", set the timer to 120 minutes.
Moose meat with champignons in a slow cooker
- Meat (pulp without bones) - 1 kg,
- Carrots - 2 medium sized things
- Onions - 2 heads,
- Champignons - 400 g,
- Vegetable oil - 4 tablespoons,
- Pepper, salt, basil, dill - to taste.
- Soak moose meat in water for 2-4 hours. After removing veins and film, cut into small pieces.
- Pouring vegetable oil in a slow cooker. I turn on the Frying program and send the chopped moose meat. Fry the pieces until a light golden crust forms for 5-10 minutes, depending on the installed capacity.
- I switch to the mode of "quenching". I install the program for 180 minutes.Close the lid.
- While moose cooked, doing vegetables. Clean and grind. Carrots rub on a coarse grater, onion heads shallow. After 1.5 hours, after shutting down the "Quenching" program, I transfer it to automatic heating for 30 minutes. I give insist. Then I throw off the prepared vegetables and chopped mushrooms. I add spices and carcass 30 minutes.
- Before serving, I decorate the dish with fresh herbs, mix thoroughly. I use boiled rice or mashed potatoes for garnish.
We prepare the elk in a pressure cooker
- Meat - 500 g,
- Onions - 2 pieces of medium size,
- Mustard - 1 big spoon,
- Starch - 1 tablespoon,
- Vegetable oil - 1 big spoon,
- Bay leaf - 2 pieces,
- Salt, pepper pepper - to taste.
- I cut the loaf into pieces. I rub the mustard. Leave to soak in seasoning for 30-60 minutes.
- In a pressure cooker, pouring sunflower oil. I put on the stove to warm up. I take off chopped pieces for roasting. Then add some water and leave the moose meat to stew for 120 minutes over medium heat.
- I clean the onion and cut it into large pieces. I put it in a pressure cooker so that the cuts are directed towards the meat. I throw a bay leaf and pepper.
- After an hour and a half I check the moose for taste. Salt At the end I add a large spoonful of starch to get the sauce.
Shish kebab recipe from elk on charcoal
For kebabs fit meat of young and healthy individuals, preferably - female elk.
- Meat (loin) - 1 kg,
- Onions - 3 heads,
- Pork fat is 100 g,
- White wine - 300 g,
- Green onions, dill, parsley, salt, pepper - to taste.
- Preparing the meat. Cut into small pieces of 40-50 grams and shift to the pan. I pour the white wine to soften it. If you want, you can take a pre-prepared marinade. Leave alone for 3-4 hours.
- Strung elk meat on skewers with onion rings and lard, pepper and add salt.
- I burn on coals. After 20-25 minutes, the fragrant shish kebabs are ready.
- I spread out on plates, I pour fresh greens on top.
Helpful advice.Fresh moose kebabs are great with pickles (sauerkraut and cucumbers).
How to cook elk meat in an oven
In order to get a juicy and appetizing dish of hard and wiry moose meat, according to this recipe, you will have to try hard and spend a lot of time.
- Sohatina - 1 kg,
- Onions - 2 heads,
- Vinegar - 200 ml,
- Black pepper - 8 peas,
- Sugar - 1 big spoon,
- Salt - 1 tablespoon,
- Vegetable oil - 1 tablespoon,
- Parsley root, bay leaf, meat spices - to taste.
- I remove the film, thoroughly rinse the meat with water. Gently beat off with a wooden mallet.
- Cooking marinade from sugar, greens, crumbled onions, black pepper, salt and crushed bay leaf. Pour a lot of liter of water and put it on the stove. I bring to a boil. I remove from the stove and put to cool.
- I put the meat in the pan, I put the oppression on top. For 2-3 days I put in the fridge.
- Pulling moose meat from the pan. Dusted with paper towels. I sprinkle with meat spices.
- I put the pan on the stove. Pour oil. On the heated surface I throw a pickled animal product. Fry until polugotovogo state.
- I spread moose meat on a baking sheet, covered with food foil. Pouring a glass of water before sending it to the oven.
- Tommyu long, for 8 hours at the minimum temperature. I control the water level. I add it as necessary.
- I take it out of the oven, print out the foil and spread it in a large dish, decorating it with fresh chopped greens.
Elk meat beef stroganoff at home
Beef Stroganoff - a delicious dish, the main ingredient of which are finely chopped pieces of meat in sour cream sauce. The traditional basis (the main ingredient) is beef or pork, but if you want the hostess and the availability of products, you can try to cook the delicious “Beef a la Stroganov” of moose meat.
- Elk meat - 1 kg,
- Onion - 2 things,
- Sour cream - 100 grams,
- Vinegar - 1 large spoon,
- Sugar - 1 pinch,
- Dill - 15 g,
- Seasonings and spices - to taste.
- I take the moose meat from the freezer, defrost it naturally. I wash with copious amounts of water, getting rid of excess blood. I cut on thin strips (traditional sticks) removing the film and tendons.
- To give a juicy and piquant taste, soak moose meat in marinade. I put the pieces in a large bowl and add sugar, salt, pepper. Pour a tablespoon of vinegar, impose chopped onion rings. For high-quality marinating, we send the meat base of the dish to the refrigerator for 12 hours. Do not forget to cover the plate!
- I take out a cup in the morning. I send the pieces to a preheated pan for roasting. I'm browsing.
- I diminish the fire, add some water and finely chopped dill for a spicy flavor. Then spread sour cream. Stir well.
- Carcass on low heat. From the meat will begin to stand out a large amount of juice. Carcass to boil, do not forget to stir.
Serving dish on the table with boiled rice and fresh vegetables.
Potted elk roast recipe
- Elk meat - 500 g,
- Potato - 3 medium sized tubers
- Onions - 1 piece,
- Tomato paste - 1 large spoon,
- Olive oil - 2 large spoons,
- Parsley - 5 sprigs,
- Salt and sugar - 2 tablespoons,
- 7 percent vinegar - 2 large spoons,
- Black pepper - 10 peas,
- Lavrushka - 2 sheets.
- My meat in cold water, dry. Cut into oblong and thin pieces. I shift in glassware.
- I make marinade, mix vinegar with 2 tablespoons of water, add sugar, salt, black peppercorns and bay leaf. Pour into the dish. Finely chop the greens (parsley) add to the marinade. Stir well and refrigerate overnight.
- I fry meat in olive oil. Add chopped onion to pickled pieces.Lightly fry and do not forget to stir. Cutting potatoes and throwing in a frying pan. I put tomato paste and pour 200-300 g of water. Increase the fire, bring to a boil. Turn down the cooking temperature. Carcass 15-20 minutes with the lid on.
- I unfold the semi-prepared vegetable and meat mixture in pots. I send in the oven for 50 minutes. The first 20 minutes I cook at 180 degrees, then I reduce to 160.
The benefits and harm of moose meat
Moose meat is a useful product. The animal is far from people, eats in natural conditions. Agricultural production of moose meat on a large scale in the territory of the Russian Federation is not organized, therefore moose meat is more of an exquisite delicacy served in restaurants, a favorite dish on the table of successful and skillful hunters than everyday food in the diet of an average person.
Elk contains a huge amount of minerals (calcium, zinc, copper, iron) and B-group vitamins (cyanocobalamin, choline, etc.). Sohatin improves the condition of the musculoskeletal system, improves the heart and blood vessels, and normalizes metabolism. The use of elk meat favorably affects the activity of the brain,restores strength after exhausting physical exertion due to its high nutritional value.
Harm and contraindications
Elk is an animal grown under natural conditions without protective vaccinations and human care. It can carry various diseases (encephalitis), bacteria (Salmonella) and parasitic worms-helminths.
With proper preparation and heat treatment, pathogens and harmful microorganisms die, so pay attention to the duration of cooking, frying or stewing, specified in the recipe. This will save the meat from additional rigidity, make it more juicy, will guarantee the safety of use.
There are dishes made of sohat are not recommended for lactating women and small children. The main contraindication is personal intolerance to moose meat. When allergic reaction, pain in the stomach, nausea, consult a doctor immediately.
Elk meat is a rich source of essential amino acids, nutrients and vitamins. Low Fat Diet Food is a low-fat dietary product that is beneficial for the cardiovascular system and for normalizing blood circulation.Sohatina has a specific taste, vaguely reminiscent of lamb. The meat makes great chops, soups, roasts and other dishes.
New life of old jeans
Children's card envelope
Little yarn cap
Do-It-Yourself Birthday Greeting Card
Features of the normcore style