How to flash the drive?
Firmware is called software, which is the operating system of such devices as: mobile phone, modem, DVD-drive, BIOS, player and much more. Also, firmware is considered to update the file, the program for upgrading. The direct process of downloading a program is also considered device firmware. The program flasher (flasher) is also designed for firmware, and specifically for downloading a file into the device’s memory. Firmware firmware is * .bin - binary file and * .exe. executable much less frequently. The firmware is executed for a variety of reasons, let's try to figure out why this is necessary:
- for compatibility with advanced software;
- to adjust the expansion of features and functions of the device
- to improve performance efficiency;
- to remove errors and correct software flaws;
- to change the drive's ID string;
- for installation of a multizone drive that disables binding to a region;
- to remove riplock.
What is riplok
Let's try to figure out what riplok and its purpose. Riplock is a device used to block the speed when a drive reads certain types of disks. This device is designed to combat video piracy. The main purpose of the riplock is not to allow fast copying of video. Also, this device reduces noise when used on a PC stamped DVD. In most cases, when flashing, the riplock is removed, which guarantees a high rip speed. But it’s also worth remembering that removing a ripple can make your drive more noisy.
How to create a backup
Consider creating a backup before flashing the drive. Backup must be done so that in case of unsuccessful firmware it is possible to return everything to its place. To perform the backup, special programs are used, such as Binflash. To perform the copying, you must run the program, making sure that the correct drive is selected from which you intend to backup. You must designate the file name for your backup, then click "SAVE" and wait for the process to complete.
There are two types of DVD drives: free from regional protection or RPC-1 (Region Free) and drives with regional protection or RPC-2 (Region Protection). To use the RPC-1 - multi-drive, sometimes you need software to remove the binding to the region. For this there are flashers (flash programs) that are used for both the Windows platform and DOS.
How to flash a DVD drive from DOS
To perform a software or firmware upgrade, you must perform the following steps:
- insert a floppy 3.5 into a floppy disk drive;
- open disk 3.5 in “my computer” by selecting the command “format”;
- Next, select the formatting method, namely the creation of a MS DOS boot disk;
- then click “start formatting” - Ok.
After performing all these actions, the following files will be copied to the disk: DISPLAY.SYS EGA2.CPI EGA3.CPI EGA.CPI KEYB.COM KEYBOARD.SYS KEYBRD2.SYS KEYBRD3.SYS KEYBRD4.SYS MODE.COM. Next, you need to find the firmware for the drive. The search should begin on the manufacturer's website. The name of the original firmware - have original firmware. You need to download the firmware and unzip the file. The archive usually contains:
- Instructions (Readme)
- Batch file to run (UPDATE.BAT)
- Firmware (******. Bin)
- Flasher (v ******. Exe.)
These files, in addition to the instructions, must be copied to the boot floppy. Next, restart the computer.
- When rebooting, you must press the Delete key to enter the DIOS Setup utility.
- The first boot device to install a floppy disk drive.
- Next, press F10.
- After booting, the system A prompt appears: \> - you must enter UPDATE.BAT and press Enter.
- After that, the flasher is loaded and prompts you (Press any key to continue ...), that is, press any key.
- After scanning the drive, the drive tray for which the software update is performed will pop out, and the message Over Write Flash-ROM? Appears on the screen. (Y / N).
- You need to enter Y and add Enter, after which the drive will start the firmware.
- After the end of the firmware, which lasts about two minutes, the tray closes, and on the screen there will be a message with the firmware number and the name of the drive. After the invitation A: \> you must click Reset on the system unit.
- Then, when restarting, the Delete key is pressed again.
- The first boot device is selected 1st Boot Device - HARD DRIVE (hard drive).
- F10 is pressed and changes are saved. After downloading you will be informed about the new equipment found - a DVD device. After that, the OS will select the driver for it.
How to flash a DVD drive in Windows
- It is necessary to open the tray of the updated drive;
- Run a flasher for example sfdnwin_3.25.4;
- In the drop-down list, select the desired drive;
- Click the Download File Open button;
- Specify the location in the "Open";
- Click the "Start Download" button.
In this article we tried to answer the question of how to flash a DVD drive. But, we consider it necessary to warn that if you do it yourself to an inexperienced user, the result can be quite unpredictable. If your drive is currently under warranty, it is best to contact a professional at a service center.
Paper model robot painter (VN-GO) from MF WALL-E
What will happen after the end of the world
ABBA band released new songs for the first time in 35 years
7 pairs of sunglasses that have become iconic
Mark Zuckerberg pampers his dog like no other
Topographic survey of a land plot: stages and composition of work