How to grow a rose from seed?
The rose is a favorite flower of many women. However, this plant is quite possible to plant yourself. It is possible to grow a rose from both purchased seeds and those collected at the dacha.
How to grow a rose by yourself
Seed planting is not suitable for all types of roses. Usually they give preference to Chinese, polyanthous, needle-like and miniature roses.
Self seed collection
- Collect unripe fruits (the procedure is performed at the end of the summer).
- Cut the fruit with a sharp knife and remove the seeds by carefully separating the grains from the pulp.
- Next, you need to prepare the seeds (stratification).
Under the stratification understand the procedure for the preparation of seeds to accelerate germination. The order of preparation implies the aging of grains in special conditions.
Literally, the concept is translated as "delamination".
- Dampen a piece of cloth with hydrogen peroxide and wrap there the collected or purchased seeds.
- Then remove the grain in a plastic bag and stick a note with the type and date.
- Put the bag in the refrigerator (in the department for vegetables and fruits).
- Once a week is required to check the seeds for the presence of mold and sprouts. If the seed is covered with mold, it will need to be replaced. Usually the first shoots appear after 1.5 - 2 months.
Sprouted seeds should be planted in separate pots. As a soil, you can mix two parts of garden soil, two parts of crushed clay and part of humus. Take care of drainage (you must make a hole in the bottom of the pot to remove excess water).
Usually after a week you can observe the first shoots. Further, it is necessary to provide flowers with sunlight for a long time (at least ten hours). Therefore, you need to take care of additional equipment.
In about two months a bud will appear, and in another month the plant will bloom.
As the soil dries out, it is necessary to water the flower and periodically enrich the soil with fertilizer.
Landing in the ground
Transplantation of plants in open ground is carried out in the spring.
- Choose a sunny place for planting and prepare the soil (dig the ground and put in fertilizer, ash, compost, etc.).
- Dig a small hole for planting and water the soil.
- Gently replant the seedling.
- Dig the roots of the plant and water the soil again.
How to paint clothes
Ultrasonic cleaning of teeth, price
Heart on a stand
Why do not need to train every day
Hot snack of pita Triangle
List of the best and cheapest face powder
How to attract good luck in life