How To Create A PowerPoint Template: Make Your Own Slide Background (1 of 3)
How to Make a PowerPoint Template
This wikiHow teaches you how to create a custom PowerPoint template in Microsoft PowerPoint. You can do this on both Windows and Mac versions of PowerPoint.
Open PowerPoint.Double-click the PowerPoint app icon, which resembles a white "P" on an orange background. This will open the PowerPoint home page.
ClickBlank Presentation.It's a white slide in the right side of the home page. Doing so will open a new presentation.
- On Mac, simply opening PowerPoint might open a new presentation depending on your settings. If it does, skip this step.
Click the tab.This tab is in the orange ribbon at the top of the PowerPoint window. Clicking it opens a toolbar below the orange ribbon.
- On Mac, this option is on the top menu bar.
ClickSlide Master.You'll find this option near the left side of the toolbar in the "Master Views" section. Doing so will open the Slide Master tab on the left side of the orange ribbon.
- On Mac, first clickMaster, then clickSlide Master.
Select a slide format to edit.Click one of the slide templates in the left-hand column of options. There will be one slide for each type of slide that you can use (e.g., a title slide, a basic content slide, etc.).
ClickInsert Placeholder.It's on the left side of theSlide Mastertab. A drop-down menu will appear with the following options:
- Content- Inserts a written content outline. On a Mac, you have a "Vertical" option forContentas well.
- Text- Inserts a text box. On a Mac, you have a "Vertical" option forTextas well.
- Picture- Inserts a section for a picture.
- Chart- Inserts a section for a chart.
- Table- Inserts a section for a table.
- Smart Art- Inserts a section for smart art items.
- Media- Inserts a section for a video.
- Online Image- Inserts a section from which you can add an online image.
Select a placeholder.Click one of the items in the drop-down menu to select it for addition to your template.
Select a location.Click a place on the slide to drop the placeholder item on it.
- You may have to perform additional steps before the item is added to your template. For example, clickingOnline Imagewill prompt you to search for an image and clickInsert.
Reposition items on your slide.Click and drag the white space inside of any sections you've added to move them around on the slide.
Change the slides' backgrounds.ClickBackground Styles, then select a color from the drop-down menu.
- You can also clickFormat Background...in the drop-down menu to customize color options like base color, gradient, and brightness.
Select a template font.ClickFontsin the "Background" section, then click a font in the drop-down menu.
Save your template.This process differs between the Windows and Mac versions of PowerPoint:
- Windows:ClickFile, clickSave As, select a location and enter a name for your template. Click theSave as typedrop-down box, clickPowerPoint Template, and then clickSave.
- Mac:ClickFile, clickSave as Template, enter a file name, and clickSave.
QuestionBefore creating a power point, do I have to gather and save all the information I want to use in it?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou don't have to, but you'll be more organized and the process of creating the powerpoint will go more smoothly if you do.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I apply a new template to an existing PowerPoint without copy and pasting?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerOpen the file and click "insert." Click the "new slide" button. You can change the theme of the slide by clicking "office theme."Thanks!
QuestionHow can I record my voice over a PowerPoint?Arrenius KarunakaranCommunity AnswerOpen a file and click "Insert." Then click on "Audio" in the "Media" options, where you can choose "Record Audio."Thanks!
I already have a work template. Can I add it to the existing templates so that it is available when needed?
How can I add PowerPoint to a document?
How can I email my template to another person?
Can I make a PowerPoint presentation on an iPhone?
- You can upload your templates to Microsoft OneDrive if you want to store them in the cloud. You should be able to access them from the PowerPoint template menu.
- Your template must be present on your computer or in OneDrive for you to be able to select it.
Upload a picture for other readers to see.
In other languages:
Español: , Português: , Italiano: , Русский: , Deutsch: , Bahasa Indonesia: , Français: , Nederlands: , 中文: , العربية: , ไทย:
Video: How To Create an Awesome Looking PowerPoint Template in Microsoft PowerPoint
How to Sneak out of Your School Without Getting Caught
Your Year Ahead Horoscopes: Scorpio
Stem Cells May Further Hepatitis C Research
How to Rejuvenate Yourself
How to Calculate Center of Gravity
How to Be More Confident
5 Brilliant Packing Tips That’ll Help You Actually Pack Light
Farrah Fawcett dies of cancer
10 Natural Ways To Straighten Your Hair
How to Make Folded Ribbon Roses
Eating Gluten During Pregnancy Linked to Child’s Higher Type 1 Diabetes Risk
Wade Logan Durbin 5 Piece Sunbrella Sectional Set with Cushions WDLN4446 Cushion Color: Canvas Spa
7 modetrends die zijn begonnen door de Spice Girls