DIY CRAYON CANDLE - Home Decor - How To | SoCraftastic
How to Make Crayon Candles Using the Microwave
Take a wick.Tie it onto a thin dowel or long matchstick and dangle it down into the glass candle jar.
Grab the colored crayons, stubs and all.Peel off their covers. Break each crayon into four pieces, if they're not already stubs.
- Sort into their respective colors.
Set up a row of disposable cups.In each cup, put the four pieces of crayon of the same color. Then, fill up each cup with the candle wax.
Place the first cup in the microwave.Set the time for 2 minutes and 20 seconds. Do the same with the rest of the cups.
Carefully take out the cup from microwave.It will be very hot and hot wax spilled on skin can burn, so take great care. Stir the mixture with a craft or popsicle stick.
Allow the wax to cool down for a little, then pour it into the candle holder.Check that the wick has stayed centered.
Let the waxes set in the jar.Do the same with the other waxes, adding the next layer after the former one has properly set. As you go, each layer will form a beautiful layered effect, creating a rainbow style candle. Once you have added all of the wax and the layers are stuck together, the candle is almost ready.
Snip off the wick to a suitable height and remove the stick holding it.Discard the leftover wick piece.
Done.The candle can now be used or given as a gift.
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- If you have scented liquid wax, then add it after taking the cup out of the microwave.
- You can also add glitter or small beads after each layer has dried, for more sparkle or interest.
- Be careful while taking the cup out of the microwave. It will be super hot!
- Candle wax evaporates upon melting, while crayon wax does not. Expect the crayon wax to remain in the container, eventually requiring disposal in a safe way. Ensure that the container is large enough to hold this non-evaporated portion during burning.
Video: Crayon Candle - DIY - How to make a candle out of crayons
WIN One Day premiere tickets
Zo zorg je dat je je extra zelfverzekerd voelt voor je eerste date
12 Things You Need To Know Before Eating At Chick-fil-A
5 Ways Your Healthy Lifestyle Is Making You Vitamin Deficient
Young Ian Is in Serious Trouble in this Exclusive Outlander Clip
How to Decide Whether to Accept a Job Offer
How to Dress for a Gala
How to Create Small URL Links
Win Over 290 Worth Of Luxurious Fragrances With Our HeSmellsGood Giveaway
Fried Leeks and Arugula Salad
Date: 06.12.2018, 14:58 / Views: 42533