Super Easy Lasagna Noodle Hack
How to Use Lasagna Noodles for More than Lasagna
Lasagna is a popular Italian favorite around the world. However, like many people, you might have lasagna noodles left over in your cupboard from previous meals. Fortunately, there are many ways to use lasagna noodles for more than traditional lasagna. You can use your leftover lasagna noodles to make new snacks, experiment with entrees, and even to make unique desserts for the whole family.
Making Snacks and Appetizers
Bake lasagna chips or crackers.Leftover lasagna noodles can easily be turned into tasty crackers or chips. To begin, cook the noodles and lay them out flat on a cutting board. Then, cut them into cracker-sized pieces. Then:
- Put the pieces on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, add any seasonings you like, and bake them at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 8 minutes.
- Check the noodles after 8 minutes. Recheck them every 2 minutes if they are finished.
- Remove the noodles when they are slightly puffy, look crisp, or are starting to brown.
Create mini-lasagna roll-ups.Mini-lasagna roll-ups are a simple and tasty appetizer you can serve at a party or just to your family. Set your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (177 degrees Celsius). Then:
- Boil, drain, and dry your lasagna before laying them on a cutting board.
- Combine your spinach, ricotta, parmesan, garlic, and your choice of seasonings in a bowl. Feel free to substitute any ingredient. Cooked chicken or sausage might also be a good addition.
- Cut the lasagna pieces in half widthwise and place two tablespoons of your filling mixture onto each piece of lasagna. Make sure you have an inch of space on one side.
- Roll the noodles. Make sure you end on the side of the noodle with the empty inch.
- Place your rolls into a baking dish and cook them for 15 to 20 minutes.
Make fried pasta nachos.Lasagna noodles can easily be made into a nacho dish for the whole family to enjoy. Start by boiling and straining your lasagna noodles before cutting them into triangles the size of tortilla chips. Afterwards, deep fry your noodles and then place them in a baking dish. Finish by
- Mixing ground beef with pre-packaged taco seasoning and sprinkle your mixture onto the top of your chips.
- Sprinkling your choice of cheese over the ground beef and chips.
- Placing the dish in the oven and baking it at 250 degrees Fahrenheit (121 degrees Celsius) until the cheese has melted.
Creating New Entrees
Use your lasagna noodles to create chilaquiles.Chilaquiles are a traditional Mexican dish often created from leftover ingredients. Thus, chilaquiles are a great dish to make from your leftover lasagna noodles. Begin by breaking up your lasagna into bite-sized pieces, boiling them until they are cooked, and straining them. Then:
- Heat your oil on medium-high in a cast iron skillet. Then, add your lasagna pieces and fry them until they are golden brown. This may take 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour a liberal amount of salsa on top of the chips in the cast iron skillet. The lasagna pieces should become wet and begin to soak up the liquid.
- Add ¼ cup of pinto beans, black beans, or other beans on top.
- Stir the combination together, allow it to warm, and garnish it with avocado, queso, and cilantro.
Substitute lasagna for other pasta in a stir fry dish.Lasagna pasta can easily substitute for other types of pasta in a variety of stir fry recipes. Ultimately, you’ll discover that lasagna pasta is just as versatile as any other pasta. To substitute:
- Boil, strain, and dry your lasagna noodles. Slice them lengthwise and add them to a stir fry dish of your choice.
- Allow the lasagna noodles to sit in the dish for 3-5 minutes. Don’t let them stay in too long, or they might become overcooked.
Cook a beef stroganoff.Since beef stroganoff relies on noodles already, you can simply substitute normal egg noodles with lasagna noodles. In the end, you’ll have a tasty and different version of your family’s favorite meal.
- Boil your lasagna noodles.
- Decide if you want to cut them up, shred them, or use them as large pieces in your beef stroganoff.
- Place them into the dish as you would normally place egg noodles.
Bake a kugel.Kugel is a traditional Jewish baked dish, much like a casserole. The great thing about kugel is that you can substitute a wide variety of ingredients for whatever you prefer or whatever you have in your kitchen. To make a lasagna kugel:
- Set aside a half pound (8 ounces) of noodles, break them up, boil them, and then strain them.
- Combine the noodles with ½ stick of butter, 1 pound (.45 kl) of cottage cheese, ½ cup of sugar, 6 eggs, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, and ½ cup of raises.
- Pour into a lubricated baking dish and bake for about 30 to 45 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
Create a chocolate lasagna.While you’ve probably made many lasagnas, you have probably never made a chocolate lasagna. By making a chocolate lasagna, you’ll put an interesting and tasty spin on a dish your family is already familiar with. Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees (177 degrees Celsius). Then:
- Boil 8 ounces of noodles for 1 minute, strain them, and place them in a bowl of ice water. After they’ve cooled, strain them again and allow them to dry.
- Mix 2 pounds of ricotta (.9 kg), 1 cup of sugar, ½ cup of unsweetened cocoa, and 2 eggs together.
- Add 1 or 2 cups of chocolate chips and 4 ounces of grated white chocolate.
- Spread ¼ of the ricotta onto the bottom of an 8 inch by 8 inch (20 centimeters) baking dish.
- Sprinkle your choice of nuts or other topping and then cap the layer with lasagna noodles.
- Repeat the previous process until you have four layers of ricotta. Do not top the final layer with lasagna noodles. Bake for about 35 minutes.
Make a fried strawberry crunch desert.While a chocolate lasagna might be yummy, it also takes a bit of work. Fortunately, the fried strawberry crunch is very simple and quick to make. Begin by boiling, straining, and drying the noodles. Then:
- Cut the noodles into squares, rectangles, or triangles.
- Drop your noodle pieces into 350-degree Fahrenheit vegetable oil (177 degrees Celsius). Take them out when they are golden brown and dust them with powdered sugar.
- Combine 1 cup of white sugar, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and 4 cups of strawberries (fresh or frozen), in a medium saucepan and let the combination simmer for 15 or 20 minutes.
- Top your fried noodles with whipped cream, and then spread your strawberry sauce over the chips and whipped cream.
Video: 3 EASY Lasagna Hacks
Maurice White, Earth, Wind Fire Founder, Dies at 74
1. Doughnut Plant, New York
How to Turn Jordan Almonds Into Edible Easter Crafts
How to Survive StevensJohnson Syndrome
Chef Daniel Humm shares his morning routine including a big breakfast
How to whiten dark armpits overnight
How to Become a Dolphin Trainer
Advice for starting your own business
How to Show a Girl You Love Her
Fight the symptoms of stress with thismuscle-building workout
How to Read a Knitting Pattern
10 Genius Beauty Tips fromCelebrities