Medicinal properties of the plant gorse
There are so many useful plants that it is simply impossible to know them all. But information about some will be very useful. For example, the gorse can be used in traditional medicine for the treatment of various diseases.
The gorse is a shrub or liana plant belonging to the legume family. It grows in North America, Europe and some regions of Asia. Creeping on the soil or erect stems can reach 50-120 centimeters in length, they are covered with hairs.
The leaves have short petioles and an extended lanceolate form. The flowers are located at the ends of the stems and form racemes, they are painted in a bright yellow shade. Fruits are elongated, flat, bare beans. This plant blooms in June and July. The most common and popular species is the dyer's gibe, which is used to make paint.
The composition of the gorse includes a variety of substances, including alkaloids, saponins,tannins, organic acids, essential oils, resins, glycosides, flavonoids, calcium, silicon, manganese, phosphorus, potassium and ascorbic acid.
The collection of raw materials is carried out in the period of early flowering, when the gorse has young shoots and flowers. All ground parts are prepared, they are cut and dried naturally or in a dryer. You can apply and roots that are dug out in early autumn. Fruits and their seeds are not used.
We list the beneficial properties of the plant:
- Droke has an astringent effect, which helps to stop bleeding and accelerate the healing of wounds.
- This plant has strong antiseptic and antibacterial properties that suppress the activity of pathogenic microorganisms.
- This is an excellent general tonic that promotes rapid recovery from past illnesses or heavy loads.
- The gorse is useful for the body, as it helps to strengthen the defenses, normalize the immune system, as well as increase resistance to attacks of fungi and viruses.
- The plant has an analgesic effect, due to which it can be used for rheumatism, headaches, muscle spasms.
- Gorse dilates blood vessels and increases blood pressure.
- The herb has a pronounced choleretic effect and normalizes digestion, stimulating intestinal peristalsis and gently relieving constipation.
- The plant is useful for the liver, as it cleans it of toxins and helps to restore this organ.
- The gorse is used in folk medicine as a soft diuretic, which removes excess fluid and eliminates edema.
- Grass is good for bones and joints: it strengthens them and helps restore mobility.
- The application is useful in diseases of the thyroid gland, accompanied by an increase in its functions, as well as inflammatory processes.
- Gorse can be used for diseases of the respiratory tract, for example, for bronchial asthma and bronchitis.
- The properties are manifested when the plant is used externally and help to cope with dermatological diseases.
In what cases can a gorse harm?
First of all, it is worth mentioning contraindications, which include coronary heart disease, hypertension, individual hypersensitivity and periods of lactation and pregnancy.It should also be remembered that the plant is poisonous and contains toxic substances, the concentration of which is highest in seeds.
For this reason, the use of fowl must strictly comply with dosages and exercise caution: when abuse increases the risk of poisoning and intoxication of the body. And with external use is likely to develop allergic reactions.
If you exceed the dose or prolonged use, side effects may occur: dizziness, pain in the head and abdomen, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting.
Gorse is actively used in traditional medicine. Consider several products based on this plant:
- For prevention, you can use tea, for the preparation of which you need half a teaspoon of dried raw material to pour a glass of steep boiling water. Let the drink stand for fifteen minutes, cool it a little and drink at one time or divided into two.
- For diseases of the joints and organs of the respiratory system, it is recommended to apply the infusion. Four tablespoons of raw materials are poured with a liter of freshly boiled water. The container is tightly closed with a lid, and the agent is infused for two or three hours, after which it is filtered and taken one or two tablespoons three times a day.
- For external use recommended decoction. Make it simple: three tablespoons of dried shoots and flowers, pour three cups of boiling water. Put the container on the fire, boil the product for ten minutes, let it cool and strain. Use a decoction in the form of compresses or lotions.
- Used tincture. Pour 30-40 g of raw materials with a liter of vodka, leave for two weeks, sometimes shake. After straining, take 20 or 30 drops after a meal three times a day.
Interestingly: in the regions where the gorse grows, the plant is used in cooking and pickled. The taste of such young shoots with flowers resemble capers.
Health to you! And a gorse can help strengthen it.
Pinched nerves and blood vessels: truth or myth
Salted fish with your own hands - there is nothing complicated
Flaxseed - the benefits and harm of how to take for ulcers and diabetes
How to make paper with your own hands
How to break a relationship
How to make a dog with your own hands
This recipe of cinnabon buns will conquer any sweet tooth
The basic rules of ironing shirts