Secrets of cooking this Olivier
Is it possible to cite as an example at least one other salad, which will be the most real symbol of home festivals and family feasts? Probably not. Salad Olivier has become a real classic, they know how to cook in almost every home, and everywhere has its own little secrets and preferences.
It is believed that it is quite simple to prepare, the ingredients for Olivier are quite affordable and relatively inexpensive, but as they say, everywhere there are their small secrets and tricks to make the dish really tasty.
If you are interested in how to prepare salad olivier, so that the result is five and a plus, then we will necessarily share with you all the secrets of this process. True, we will do it a little later, but first we will get acquainted with the history of its occurrence on the horizons of modern cooking.
What is interesting, such a popular and already practically integral recipe of the peoples of the former Soviet Union, appeared some 50-60 years ago in the form in which we know it today.His invention, he owes the famous French chef Lucien Olivier, who, incidentally, and awarded him a modern name.
Lucien Olivier in the 60s of the XIX century kept a small restaurant on Trubnaya Square called the Hermitage, the main attraction of which was the salad of the same name.
Lucien kept his recipe under the strictest secret, and he masked all the components of the dish with sauce and mayonnaise in such a way that at first glance it was very difficult to determine what was included there. After the death of the creator, it was believed that the recipe was lost, but in 1904 the recipe was announced, which was considered a true reproduction of the original.
It consisted of absolutely not the ingredients that we used to see in our dish: grouse meat, boiled crayfish and capers, veal tongue, fresh cucumbers and a little pressed caviar, everything was dressed with a special sauce and decorated with fresh salad.
Isn't it hard to find some similarity? In Soviet times, Olivier salad began to appear on the tables of ordinary residents, although it acquired a somewhat “communist” character: the dish was created from those products that were easier to find during times of shortage.It was then that it appeared peas and boiled eggs, eggs and potatoes, as well as the taste, which is so familiar and familiar to us.
Today, a salad familiar from childhood, like any other, has its own characteristics and cooking secrets that help to prepare a truly tasty dish. So what are they?
- All ingredients for salad is best cut into small cubes, the size of which will be in harmony with the size of the peas. The same size of all components of the salad will reveal the taste of each, as well as its interaction with each other, in addition, this type of dish looks more appetizing and more attractive. To Olivier turned out somewhat non-standard, the components can be cut, for example, a long straw.
- In the classic salad recipe, boiled sausage is necessarily used, but today, instead of it, boiled chicken fillet, veal or any other meat product is used at its own discretion. With the help of such additions, the dish acquires new flavor notes: with chicken, Olivier becomes more tender, but with beef, a more weighty meat shade is acquired.What to choose is a master's business, but if you want to cook exactly the traditional version of the dish, then you definitely need boiled sausage.
- In addition to meat, eggs and potatoes are surely added to the salad, so it is believed that there should be exactly as many as the guests at the table are planning. Potatoes are cooked in uniforms in advance, the main thing is not to digest it, because during cutting it will collapse and turn into mashed potatoes. Potatoes and eggs, like all other ingredients that are amenable to heat treatment, must necessarily cool to room temperature, and only then mix and put in the refrigerator.
- There are experimenters who, instead of meat, put fish products in a salad, for example, the neck of a crab or pieces of red fish fillet. Though with a big stretch, such variants of the popular dish can also be called “Olivier”.
- To let the salad stand in the refrigerator for as long as possible, it is better not to fill it with mayonnaise right away, but to do it just before serving.
- Traditionally, ready-made salad is usually decorated with herbs, as well as figurines from the products that make up its composition.For example, peas, beautiful meat or vegetable circles, as well as openwork molds.
- By the way, it is not necessary to use mayonnaise as a dressing, other dairy products such as kefir or sour cream are permissible. It is believed that the best dressing for Olivier is fatty mayonnaise for 50 percent mixed with homemade sour cream, but low-calorie mayonnaise is not recommended. In order to somehow diversify the dressing, you can add a little mustard or horseradish to it, or you can prepare mayonnaise with your own hands, which will also add some unusual flavor notes to the dish.
Cooking a real Olivier with your own hands
To make the result really tasty, not only the recipe itself is important, but also the quality of the products used in it, so go to the cooking process responsibly. So what do we need?
- potatoes of medium size - 5 pcs .;
- pickled cucumbers - 6 pcs .;
- egg - 5 pcs .;
- carrots - 1 pc .;
- onions - 0.5 pcs .;
- chicken fillet - 500 g;
- canned peas - 1 jar;
- mayonnaise - 6-7 st. spoons;
- salt, pepper to taste;
- greenery for decoration.
In advance it is necessary to boil potatoes in uniforms, carrots, eggs and chicken fillet, cool to room temperature and only after that start to cut.First, cut the fillet - small cubes, then cucumbers - if you decide to use fresh, then cut the skin, so the salad will turn out to be tender.
Next, we clean and cut the eggs, shinkem bow thin cubes, and then cut the carrots. All the sliced ingredients are poured into one common container, open and decant the peas, pour it into the total mass.
Then add salt and pepper to taste, greens can not only decorate the appearance, but add to the total mass. It remains only to fill with mayonnaise, how to mix and let stand for 1 hour. Before serving, decorate and serve in a chilled form.
IKEA's new application allows you to visualize furniture in a particular room
This recipe of cinnabon buns will conquer any sweet tooth
Do-It-Yourself Birthday Greeting Card
Updating the cover
Lunar sowing calendar for February 2018 for gardeners, gardeners and gardeners, table and auspicious days
Neurofibromatosis - diagnosis and treatment