Tips for making caramel sauce
A delicious addition to fruit and any desserts will be a delicious caramel sauce. Learn how to cook it properly.
Sauce making methods
How to cook a delicious and delicate caramel sauce? We offer several interesting options.
Option number 1
This is the simplest classic homemade sauce, for the preparation of which you need:
- 130 ml of water;
- 200 grams of sugar (you can use both regular white and brown);
- 200 ml of cream with fat content of about 30%;
- 70 grams of butter;
- a little pinch of salt.
- In a skillet or other container with a sufficiently thick bottom, combine and mix the sugar and water thoroughly. Place the saucepan on a low flame and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Your main task is to completely dissolve all the sugar.
- Pour the cream into another thick-bottomed stewpan and warm it well so that it is hot.
- Now take a silicone cooking brush, soak it in hot water and using such a device, remove all small sugar crystals from the stew-pan with the syrup.If you skip this stage, then the sugar liquid can later turn into a lump, making it impossible to prepare the sauce.
- Place the syrup container back on the stove and cook on low heat for a few minutes. The liquid should acquire a beautiful golden or brownish hue and thicken. Changing the duration of cooking, you can vary the thickness and color.
- Remove the container from the heat, pour into it a portion of the cream, while stirring them. Now add the remaining cream and stir everything thoroughly using a whisk or a mixer.
- Put the mixture on a plate and cook over low heat, stirring constantly. The mass should be as a result homogeneous, somewhat viscous, smooth.
- Remove the sauté pan from the fire, add butter to the mixture, mix or whisk again and use or cool to apply later.
Option number 2
This is a more interesting recipe that will allow you to get a fragrant sauce. Here is what you need:
- two glasses of cream;
- 100 grams of granulated sugar;
- cinnamon stick;
- a pinch of soda;
- a bag of vanilla;
- a little salt (literally at the very tip of the knife).
- In a saucepan or a scoop with a thick bottom, pour in the cream, add vanillin, sugar, soda and cinnamon to them.
- Put the mixture on the fire and heat it. The mass should not boil, so as soon as the first small bubbles appear, the container should be immediately removed from the stove.
- In the creamy sugar mixture, add soda. Everything starts to bubble and foam, but this is absolutely normal and should not scare you. Very soon the process will stop.
- Turn on the gas and turn it down to the minimum. Place the mass container on the stove and cook for about half an hour, stirring often.
- When the mixture begins to acquire a pleasant golden hue, get a stick of cinnamon, and then continue to cook again for ten minutes. The mass should almost turn brown and thicken.
- Pour the prepared sauce into a jar, cool it and use.
Option number 3
At home, you can get a chocolate-caramel sauce. For this you need:
- 120 grams of sugar;
- 100 ml is enough fat cream;
- 70 ml of water;
- 50 g butter;
- three tablespoons of natural cocoa powder.
Description of preparation:
- In a saucepan or other similar container, combine water with sugar, put on fire and bring to a boil.
- Heat the cream in another container.If they are cold, when they are introduced, the syrup will splash and you will not be able to achieve the desired consistency.
- Remove crystallized sugar from the walls of a saucepan with syrup using a silicone brush dipped in hot water.
- Gradually add hot cream to the syrup, stirring the mass.
- Cook the composition for about ten minutes before thickening and obtaining a light brown hue. Add cocoa, simmer the mass on the fire for another minute.
- Turn off the stove, add butter and stir everything actively or beat until smooth.
How to use the sauce?
Caramel sauce will be the perfect complement to any delicacy or dessert: for cake, pastries, ice cream, whipped cream, cake. You can use it as a filling for croissants or profiteroles. Dipping apples, bananas, cherries, strawberries, pears or any other berries and fruits in caramel sauce, you will get the most exquisite dessert. In addition, the sauce can replace the icing or cream.
Tip: caramel sauce can be used immediately after cooking as well as warm and slightly cooled or even cold.
Useful tips to help you get the perfect caramel sauce:
- Cream should have a fat content of not less than 35%, since with low-fat sauce the sauce can be liquid.
- If desired, or lack of cream allowed to use milk. But be prepared for the fact that caramel sauce will turn out liquid, like syrup.
- To make a thick sauce, which after cooling can be spread on pastries, without fear of spreading, add more oil. After cooling, the mass will harden and noticeably thickens.
- Various flavors and flavors can be added to the sauce, for example, rose water, cocoa, carob, chocolate, cinnamon, vanilla, and so on.
- Try experimenting and making caramel sauce not based on cream, but, for example, with berry or fruit juice.
- If you add powder instead of sugar, the sauce will be more gentle and smooth. But it can be watery, although someone likes it.
- Replace half of the sugar with glucose to minimize the risks of crystallization.
- For cooking, you must use a thick-bottomed container: if it has a thin bottom,then the sauce will just burn and get an unpleasant taste.
- Cream must be heated, as the cold will not connect properly with the sugar syrup.
- Granulated sugar must be completely dissolved, otherwise the caramel sauce will not be as smooth and tender as it should be.
- To get a thick sauce, cook it longer. If he should, in your opinion and desire, remain liquid, reduce the duration of cooking.
If you manage to properly prepare an appetizing caramel sauce, then you can transform and complement any dessert!
Bathroom repair: important points
How to learn to dress cool
What is useful for a man Indian onions
Can I give statuettes
Philadelphia cheese: what to replace
Christmas decoration on the tree with their own hands