Top 10 most common health myths
To preserve and improve health, you need to make efforts. But some follow the advice so fanatically that in the end they do not strengthen health, but harm it. We suggest you to find out the most common myths about health.
The most popular myths about health
Top 10 most popular health myths:
1. At least 8 glasses of water should be consumed per day., this will allow normalizing the water-salt balance and removing toxins from the body. In fact, of course, the human body requires a certain amount of fluid, and it really is about 2 liters, but some (including unqualified nutritionists and doctors) do not take into account the fact that fluid is contained in many beverages and foods.
For example, most fruits and vegetables are largely composed of water. So do not drink water through force. But you should not neglect drinking. Drink as much as your body needs, that is, listening to your sensations.Be sure to fill fluid loss in hot weather, as well as during increased physical exertion. And remember that water abuse can lead to problems in the kidneys.
2. Eating sweets can lead to hyperactivity.. Yes, sweet - this is the so-called fast carbohydrates, which are spent on energy production. But in reality there is no scientific evidence that eating sweets leads to a surge in activity (even in children).
In addition, it is proved that sugar, entering the body, stimulates the production of the hormone serotonin, which has a relaxing and calming effect on the nervous system. So “sweet hyperactivity” is nothing more than a myth.
3. Reading in a poorly lit room leads to visual impairment.. All mothers tell their children about this, and also oculists to their patients. Yes, reading in the twilight is not very comfortable and convenient, but as it turned out, it has no effect on visual acuity.
Otherwise, almost all of our ancestors would wear glasses and see poorly, because before that there were no fluorescent lamps, everyone read by the light of kerosene lamps, which, of course, did not provide sufficient lighting.But in those distant times (by the way, then they were very, very fond of reading), there were no more people suffering from shortsightedness than now. As for the present, today there are many other adverse factors that can have a negative impact on vision (for example, prolonged work at the computer, smog, dusty air).
4. Chewing gum decomposes in the body for several years and can lead to intestinal obstruction.. These were frightened by parents in their childhood. In fact, accidentally swallowed one chewing gum can not lead to serious consequences. What will happen after the chewing gum penetrates the body depends on its composition. But the scenario is only two.
At best, chewing gum will digest in the stomach (it will process the gastric juice). In the worst case, the gum will pass through the stomach through the intestines and come out in the form in which it entered, naturally. Yes, cases of intestinal obstruction as a result of swallowing chewing gums are known, but there were several of them in the intestine.
5. Eating chocolate can cause acne.In fact, the beloved by many sweetness in no way affects the condition of the skin. The causes of acne are many, among them such as hormonal disorders, pollution of the epidermis, blockage of pores, increased activity of sebaceous glands.
But nutrition on the condition of the skin does not affect, contrary to popular belief. A few pieces of natural chocolate (preferably bitter) will not only not harm, but will be useful, because chocolate improves mood.
6. Eating before bedtime will certainly lead to an increase in body weight.Yes, in fact, eat at night and even more so to overeat is not at all useful. This is due primarily to sleep disturbance. And this is due to the fact that the digestive tract, instead of a well-deserved nightly rest, will be forced to work by digesting the food you eat.
But to get fat just from the evening meal is almost unreal. No, of course, with regular overeating in the evenings, you will gain weight. But the mass of your body will increase and in the event that you will overeat before 6 pm. All the calories consumed to you for the day and not in time to be consumed (even those,which you received in the afternoon or afternoon tea), will go "in stock", that is, will turn into extra pounds.
7. Caries is the result of eating sweet. Previously it was believed that sugar contained in sweets remains on the surface of teeth and in the oral cavity and creates favorable conditions for the reproduction of bacteria. But in fact, everything is not so. Recent studies have shown that it is not carbohydrates contained in sweets, but any food residues that cause caries.
It was found that fast carbohydrates, which are contained in sugar, are washed out by saliva from the oral cavity rather quickly. But the complex carbohydrates that make up the bakery products, fruits, cereals, as well as meat products, dissolve for a very long time. And the splitting of such products begins right in the mouth, and saliva and microorganisms contained in it are involved in this process. And it is the activity of these microorganisms that provokes the development of caries.
8. Eating eggs can lead to increased levels of harmful cholesterol in the blood and the development of atherosclerosis.. Yes, in the 60s-70s of the last century, scientists established a link between increasing blood cholesterol levels and blamed eggs (it is not entirely clear why they did this).But recent studies have shown that the increased risk of cardiovascular diseases is associated with a high content of saturated fats in food.
But such products are not necessarily eggs. But in fact, one chicken egg contains only 1.5 grams of saturated fat, while in one cup of milk 2% fat is more than 3 grams. So do not blame the whole egg. It is necessary to responsibly approach the compilation of the food menu and evaluate all products. But nevertheless you should not abuse eggs, they are considered to be quite heavy food.
9. Coffee is harmful to health.In fact, the moderate use of this invigorating drink is not only safe, but even useful. Thus, the increase in blood pressure after drinking coffee is not observed, but it increases the tone of blood vessels, which explains the invigorating effect.
In addition, studies have shown that people who use coffee are 30% less likely to suffer from type 2 diabetes. It was also found that this drink reduces the risk of developing Parkinson's disease and improves brain activity. In addition, coffee not only tones, but also rejuvenates.
In general, drinking 2-3 cups a day in the morning, you just improve your health. But still not worth the abuse, it can lead to an upset heart rate and increased heart rate.
10. It is necessary to regularly cleanse the body to improve its performance.. In fact, if you feel good and do not have chronic diseases, then all harmful substances will be removed from your body on your own. All slags coming from food are removed by the liver.
And all the toxins that come with the drinks are excreted by the kidneys. And if these bodies work normally, then they will cope with cleaning from harmful substances. And some procedures that promote purification can be harmful and even dangerous.
Check the information, do not believe the myths and take care of yourself and your health.
How to grow indoor jasmine
Weather in Sochi in August 2017 and water temperature - what are the forecasts for the beginning and the end of the month does the hydrometeorological center
Why spiritual growth is not worth looking for in instagram
Peltier element is also a thermoelectric module
How often to cut hair tips
Cocktails for New Year 2015 recipes