What is useful persimmon?
Persimmon is known for its sweet and juicy flesh. But, using it, few think about the benefits, but in vain. Persimmon has many amazing properties, and it will be very interesting to read them!
Persimmon is a fruit of subtropical or tropical trees belonging to the Ebony family. There are about five hundred different species, but the most common are Japanese, Caucasian, chocolate (korolev) and sharon. Homeland of persimmons is considered China, but today it is grown in other places, for example, in Australia, Russia, Ukraine, Georgia, Spain, Armenia, Greece.
The fruit of a persimmon has average sizes and weighs from 100 to 400-500 grams. The skin is rather dense and smooth, has a bright or darker orange color. The flesh is very juicy, has a creamy texture and sweet taste, but has astringent properties, especially in immature form.
Interestingly: from China, a persimmon came to Asia, but at first no one was impressed. Europeans, having tasted fruit in North America,considered it inedible due to astringent astringent taste, but the local population explained how to use persimmon correctly, after which it began to travel the world and gain popularity.
The composition of persimmons includes a variety of useful substances: organic acids, fiber, carbohydrates, ashes, tannins, phosphorus, iodine, iron, potassium, copper, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, as well as vitamins C, A, B1, PP, B2, N. The caloric value of 100 grams of this fruit is about 65-70 calories.
The beneficial properties of persimmon are amazing and numerous:
- Magnesium helps to relax muscles and eliminate cramps, and also relieves tension.
- Potassium nourishes the heart muscle and strengthens it, which minimizes the risk of developing such dangerous diseases as ischemia, heart failure and heart attack.
- Since persimmon contains iodine, it can be safely considered useful for the thyroid gland. This fruit is especially important to use for those who are deficient in this element.
- Although the calorie content of the fetus is not the lowest, it is very useful for losing weight, as it energizes and gives a feeling of satiety for a long time. Fruit can be eaten during diets to replenish nutrient reserves.
- Fiber is very useful for digestion, as it gently cleanses the intestines and stimulates peristalsis of its walls, thereby normalizing the stool. In addition, dietary fiber cleans the body of toxins and toxins.
- Persimmon is very useful for the body also because it contains vitamin A, which, first, helps to strengthen the eyesight and maintain its sharpness, and secondly, significantly improves the condition of the skin and mucous membranes.
- Regular consumption of this sweet and bright fruit will help to strengthen the blood vessels, which will reduce the risks of varicose veins and atherosclerosis.
- Persimmon is also useful for immunity, therefore, using it, you can strengthen the body's defenses and avoid many seasonal diseases.
- Astringent properties cause wound healing and regenerating effects.
- Fruit has a positive effect on the functioning of the nervous system and protects against stress and their consequences.
- Persimmon improves blood composition, increases hemoglobin level.
- There are diuretic properties that allow the kidneys to unload and remove excess fluid from the body, reducing the risk of edema.
- Persimmon has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic effects, so it is useful to use it for infections.
- Such a tasty fruit has antioxidant properties, which means that it neutralizes the dangerous activity of free radicals that provoke cell degeneration and mutation, as well as destruction, oxidation and aging of tissues.
- You can and should eat a persimmon during pregnancy, as it saturates the body of the future mother with nutrients and minimizes the risks of congenital anomalies of fetal development.
In which cases is contraindicated?
Persimmon can cause harm to people suffering from diabetes, as it contains a large amount of sugars, even natural. In addition, you should not eat the fetus in diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, accompanied by obstruction of the intestine (with abuse can form solid bezoar stones). In obesity, it is necessary to limit the use and minimize it. And, of course, remember that persimmon can cause allergies.
Tip: do not eat more than one large persimmon or two small per day. And for children under three years old, this fruit is not recommended to be given due to weakness.digestive tract.
How to choose?
Acquire persimmon is only during its ripening, which falls on autumn. But it is sold almost until winter, as well stored and has the property of ripening. When choosing high-quality and tasty fruits, pay attention to the peel: it should be bright or dark orange, free from damage and stains. Ripe persimmon is very soft, in contrast to the more hard unripe. As for the choice of variety, it depends on personal preferences, but the most beloved king of many is distinguished by its mildest and sweetest taste.
How to use and store?
It is best to eat persimmon fresh. But an immature one strongly knits, and it is possible to free it from such properties by means of freezing, in which tannins and tannins, which give a tart taste, are neutralized. And in order not to provoke digestive disorders, you should not eat the fruit at the same time with milk or cool water, this can lead to unexpected reactions.
In eastern countries, the fruit is used to make desserts and certain beverages, such as wine, cider, molasses, candied fruits, and beer. Dried persimmon is tasty and no less useful.In Japan, unripe fruits are used to produce one of the varieties of sake.
Store persimmon should be in a cool place. In the refrigerator, it can lie for one or two weeks, especially if it is immature. And if the fetus is frozen, it will retain its properties for six months.
Interesting: persimmon can be used not only in cooking, but also in cosmetology. Means with the addition of this fruit contribute to the narrowing of pores, gentle cleansing, toning, eliminating inflammation and acne, as well as rejuvenation. Fresh ripe pulp can be added to various homemade masks.
Now you will eat a persimmon with even greater pleasure, since you know all its useful properties!
Delicious French Meat
High-rise washing of windows and facades
How to get rid of an inferiority complex, guilt, sacrifice, completeness
How to upgrade a clay flower pot
Nightdress - beautiful or comfortable
15 Frilly mansions for cats that are better than valerian. Projects
How to look expensive in democratic things