What is Monroe Piercing?
People tend to decorate the body, and there are so many ways to do it. One of them is piercing. Puncture may be in different places, including on the face. If you want to emphasize femininity, choose Monroe Piercing. But first find out all its features.
What it is?
Studying the description of the Monroe piercing, it can be understood that this is a type that involves a puncture on the face, namely, over the side of the upper lip. The decoration imitates a convex birthmark and its name was just due to the similarity with the highlight of the appearance of Marilyn Monroe, who had a pronounced "fly".
Labrets are usually used for punctures, and after complete healing, the rods are usually shortened to fit the lip thickness. On the outer side there is a clasp, which can not only serve as a fixer, but also play the role of decor, if this part is made in the form of beads, rhinestones, and a pebble.
Interesting fact! Monroe's piercing is often chosen by the fair sex, and the eccentric bassist of the Coal Chamber rock group Reina Voss has introduced it into fashion.But then the baton was picked up by many other famous women, such as Amy Winehouse, Ashley Massaro, Matija Buena.
Do I need preparation for the procedure?
If you decide to do an unusual Monroe piercing, then the master will tell you all the preparation rules. By the way, it is important to find an experienced and highly qualified specialist using sterile materials.
Preparation begins three days before the piercing procedure and implies the observance of such rules:
- Do not drink alcohol, even low alcohol.
- Do not take non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and anticoagulants: such drugs slow down blood clotting and can provoke bleeding after a puncture.
- Do not drink strong tea and coffee, energy drinks. They accelerate blood circulation, which is undesirable when piercing because of the risks of bruising.
- If there is inflammation in the area of the future puncture, apply anti-inflammatory creams and ointments, such as Elidel, Bepanten, Advant, Triderm.
How is this piercing done?
How do monroe piercings do? The procedure is carried out in several stages:
- You are asked to take a half-prone position on the couch.
- The master disinfects the puncture site using an antiseptic.
- At your request, a specialist can apply a local anesthetic to the area, which will help to eliminate discomfort.
- Next, the puncture site is selected, it is marked with a special marker.
- The master takes the needle, treats it with antiseptic solutions, grasps her lip with her fingers, slightly delays it and quickly makes a puncture.
- Further the earring is inserted into the hole. The fastener is fixed with tweezers.
Important! Make sure that the master performs all the manipulations in disposable gloves. He must also use sterile and thoroughly disinfected instruments.
It takes 3-4 to 10-12 weeks for complete healing. Puffiness, soreness and hyperemia persist for about a week. And during this period, you need to follow certain rules to speed up the regeneration processes and avoid infection and suppuration puncture.
Care involves the following actions:
- Remove the protruding blood carefully with an alcohol wipe.
- Regularly treat the puncture site with an antiseptic, for example, Chlorhexidine or Miramistin.At the same time carefully move the earring so that the solution penetrates into the hole. Such procedures are done 3-5 times a day in the first days, then once or twice a day until complete healing.
- Before tightening the wound, discard hard, sour, spicy, hot, cold foods so as not to irritate and injure tissue.
- Brush your teeth very carefully.
- Two weeks do not visit beaches, saunas, solariums and baths in order to avoid thermal effects.
Important! If the wound does not heal and starts festering, contact your doctor!
Is it painful?
Monroe piercing is not considered very painful, as the skin in the area above the upper lip is quite thin, and in the soft tissues there are almost no nerve endings. But all the same sensations depend on individual characteristics. So, if the skin is rough, it can cause discomfort during a puncture. Also, soreness may occur in people with puffy lips. Strengthens the pain and developed muscles in the area around the mouth (it is such a speaker, singers, playing the wind instruments of musicians).
Features of the choice of earrings
How to choose a monroe piercing earring? It is advisable to use the one that offers the master.Accessories are made from hypoallergenic materials such as surgical steel or titanium. It is not recommended to insert a precious metal earring right away, since it, while reacting with blood, oxidizes and slows healing.
When the puncture is fully healed, you can insert an earring of high-quality precious metals: silver, platinum, gold. But remember that materials can cause undesirable reactions, so choose an option individually.
Who should not do such a piercing?
At Monroe Piercing there are contraindications, the list of which includes:
- propensity to form keloids;
- hemophilia (a clotting disorder);
- impaired integrity of the skin in the puncture area;
- dermatological diseases with localization over the upper lip;
- acute forms of hepatitis;
- acute infections;
- allergic reactions;
- mental disorders;
- exacerbations of chronic diseases.
By the way, long wearing earrings can cause side effects - damage to the tooth enamel and gums. To avoid them will allow the modern way of piercing - microdermal. The puncture is not through, the earring with a kind of anchor is immersed in the skin and fixed there.
Monroe Piercing is beautiful and unusual.But prepare for it in advance and properly care for the puncture site after the procedure!
How to save a dish if you spoil it: 8 small secrets
Best makeup products: results of the year
How to look expensive in democratic things
IKEA's new application allows you to visualize furniture in a particular room
Ideas of Christmas crafts from the bottle
Compensation for moral damage
Danny Boyle will not shoot James Bond because of a conflict with Daniel Craig