What hurts the heel?
Pain in the legs can take unawares and disrupt mobility. And if it is localized in the heels, then such a symptom is extremely unpleasant, but it is completely eliminated.
Heel pain can be dull, aching, sharp, cutting. Most often, discomfort occurs when walking, especially in the morning, when the joints are not developed. But sometimes the pain is manifested or increased at the end of the day, after intense loads, as well as by mechanical action, for example, by pressure.
Pain may be accompanied by other symptoms, such as swelling, decreased mobility, redness, and hyperemia.
Causes of pain
Why does the heel hurt? Causes of pain can be very diverse:
- Excessive loads, for example, long walking or fast running.
- Often, heel pains occur in full, and in this case they are associated with overweight, which increases the load on the musculoskeletal system, including the heel joints.
- The symptom can be caused by wearing uncomfortable shoes, for example, in high and thin heels.
- If it hurts you to step on your heel after a workout, you may have injured your Achilles tendon.
- Fracture of calcaneus or cracks in it. Such damage may occur due to injury. And sometimes they go unnoticed and do not make themselves known for a long time (for example, if an unsuccessful landing occurred while jumping from a height).
- Arthritis is accompanied by inflammation of the tissues of the joints.
- Reactive arthritis affects the joints and develops as a result of past infections, such as gonorrhea, salmonellosis, ureaplasmosis, dysentery, and others that affect the urinary system or gastrointestinal tract.
- Osteoarthritis causes deformity and destruction of the joints, may affect including the heels.
- Gout. With this disease, urates (salts of uric acid) are deposited in the joints, which can cause severe pain.
- Plantar fasciitis is an inflammation of the so-called plantar fascia that connects the calcaneus to other parts of the foot, in particular, with the fingers. The main manifestation is heel pain.
- A heel spur is a calcium formation that is localized to the heel bone. Such a growth may appear due to injuries, injuries and concomitant diseases of the joints or bones. The heel spur hurts, especially when walking and stepping on the foot.
- Bursitis is a disease characterized by inflammation of the articular sac.
- To cause pain in the heel may not be the most common disease - bone tuberculosis.
- Osteomyelitis - purulent-necrotic changes affecting all the cells of bone tissue.
- Malignant neoplasms.
How to treat heel pain? Therapy will depend on what exactly this symptom is caused. So, inflammations often are prescribed non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, both local and a wide range of actions, intended for ingestion. If the process does not stop, injection of steroid drugs into the affected areas may be recommended.
After injuries, it is recommended to immobilize the injured limb, for example, apply a splint or plaster. It is also necessary to limit the load lying on the injured limb. To speed up the healing process, doctors prescribe various physiotherapeutic procedures: sessions of electromagnetic, shock-wave therapy. In severe cases, surgery may be required. For example, with the help of operations, the heel spurs are removed.
Eliminate pain will help folk remedies:
- Make compresses from black radish.Rub it on a grater, put the obtained gruel to the damaged area, leave for half an hour, and then remove it with a damp, warm rag.
- Half a glass of marsh cows should be filled with two glasses of alcohol. Let the mixture stand for two weeks in a cool, dark place, then strain. Use this alcohol tincture in the form of compresses twice a day, applying them for fifteen to twenty minutes.
- Try making iodine nets by applying iodine on the affected areas with intersecting lines. The procedure should be carried out twice a day.
- You can rub the heels of badger fat twice a day: in the evening before bed and in the morning after waking up.
- Help salt baths. Pour warm water into the basin, dissolve a glass of natural sea salt in it and immerse your feet in the solution for half an hour. As the water cools, you can add a little bit of hot water.
- Mix the egg with a tablespoon of vinegar, put the mixture on the heel, wrap it in cellophane, and in an hour wash your foot.
To heel pain did not affect you, follow simple preventive measures:
- Wear only suitable and comfortable shoes.
- Do not overstrain during workouts, increase the load gradually, and before each lesson, warm up.
- Watch for weight, its excess can adversely affect health, including the joints.
- In case of any injury, consult a doctor. Timely treatment will avoid serious consequences.
- Do not run barefoot on hard surfaces, train only in sports shoes.
If your heel hurts, consult a doctor, because the problem can be serious.
How to lower cholesterol at home
Grazing - a novelty in the field of weight loss
How to survive grief
How many planets in the solar system in order with a photo
A good tone for your holiday
Tags Botanical Garden