What are the properties of the Crimean lemongrass?
Despite the fact that the homeland of lemongrass is the Mediterranean, it is a real Crimean endemic, that is, it grows exclusively in this territory. It is almost impossible to confuse a plant with others, because the characteristic lemon scent was the reason for its name. But besides a pleasant aroma, the grass has many other useful properties.
Shepherd tea is an effective folk remedy
Those who use the national recipes in the treatment of various diseases, for sure, the Crimean ironstone is known. This official name has this plant. People call it “Tatar-tea” or “shepherd-tea”. Tatars have long been considered his first assistant for colds, and systematic use made it possible to improve immunity.
Decoction can be made from flowers, a stem and leaves of Schizandra, in general, everything except the roots. Due to the high content of essential oils, the Crimean lemongrass has a beneficial effect on the body, helping to cope with many ailments.Oleic, stearic, palmitic acids, which are also included in its composition, normalize the functioning of internal organs and systems.
What same healing properties for humans have this unpretentious grass?
- In the first place - strengthening the immune system. Due to the high content of essential oils, it increases the protective functions of the body and helps to neutralize the bacteria and viruses that cause colds, especially the upper respiratory tract. Broth is used for bronchitis and even pneumonia.
- Shepherd tea is also used to activate the brain and stimulate the nervous system. If you hardly get up every morning and feel overwhelmed during the day, then just a few flowers of this plant will help you gain vigor, increase your working capacity and improve your endurance.
- Iron works well with such unpleasant symptoms as nausea and vomiting. To do this, brew 3 tablespoons of crushed grass with a glass of boiling water, let it stand for an hour and take ½ tbsp. several times a day.
- If you have tumors, bruises or wounds, you can make lotions on the basis of decoction of leaves of schisandra.It will help to disinfect the wound site, and will also contribute to its faster healing.
- Grass baths are indicated for those suffering from dermatological diseases. To do this, make 1 l. decoction, cool and pour into a bath of water. A 15 minute procedure will suffice.
- The healing properties of the plant extend to the cardiovascular system, helping to normalize pressure.
- Folk healers also recommend that men suffering from problems with potency be consumed with iron.
But, as in the case of other medicinal plants, lemongrass has a number of contraindications. It should not be used for hypertension, nervous overexcitement and during pregnancy without prior consultation with the doctor.
Taking into account the real popular popularity of Tatar-tea, they began to grow it not only on the dacha plots, but even on window-sills. This method is available to anyone who wants to enjoy incomparable taste and aroma, which, moreover, will bring benefits.
The very first photo
How to melt chocolate at home
Barbie is finally stouter
How to cook macaroons at home
What dishes to please the family for the New Year 2018