Why not to train every day?
If you play sports, then you are probably interested in the issue of the frequency of training. Some people think that they should train every day, while others only train two or three times a week. But still do not train every day. Find out why.
How do our muscles work?
To find out the optimal frequency of training, you should understand the functioning of muscle tissue. During exercise, the muscles get damaged, even if they are microscopic. In fact, their fibers break due to overvoltage. After classes, active recovery processes are launched, and it is then that the mass is increased, and due to the formation of scars.
The sequence of growth of muscle mass includes several main stages:
- Traumatization of muscle fibers directly during exercise. Muscles are literally torn, microdamages are formed on them.
- Recovery to return to the original state.The fibers heal, and when the phase is complete, the muscles regain their strength and readiness for the next load.
- Supercompensation is an "intelligent" mechanism, thought out by nature itself. Fully restored muscles as if preparing for the next workout, begin to heal, fill with blood, increase in volume.
- Fading supercompensation. If you didn’t exercise at all or reduced the load level, the muscles that are in full combat readiness will not increase in size, but their volumes will not decrease either.
Reasons for not doing it every day
Why not train every day? There are several reasons for this:
- Muscles just do not have time to recover. The fibers break again and again, you experience severe pain, damage, destroy and literally deplete muscle tissue. This is fundamentally wrong and harmful.
- Stress for the body. Even if you have a normal level of fitness, daily workouts are large loads on all systems: cardiovascular, respiratory, nervous. The locomotor system suffers greatly.As a result, instead of recovery, you will get a deterioration in health and general well-being, and after all, the goals and objectives of sports are completely different.
- Decreased stamina, reduced muscle strength. If you practiced effectively yesterday and are planning to hold a lesson today, you are unlikely to be able to master the same and all the more increased workload.
- No results when building mass. Muscles simply will not have time to recover completely and reach the stage of supercompensation, in which active growth and increase in volumes occur. The body may become more prominent, but you still won't get the expected results.
- Violations of hormonal, especially in men. With daily loads, the level of stress hormone cortisol increases, which leads to a decrease in the amount of testosterone, which is responsible for male strength, mood, and even sexual desire. As a result, the growth of muscle mass will slow, the mood will worsen, problems will arise in sexual life.
- Apathy, lack of interest, reduced motivation. When training is held several times a week, you are looking forward to the next lesson.But, doing daily, you just lose interest and incentive. This is fraught with apathy, deterioration of mood.
- Metabolic changes. With constant intensive loads, the balance of catabolic and anabolic processes is disturbed, the body spends more energy than it receives, this leads to a deficit. It would seem that such training is useful for losing weight, but in fact everything is not so. The body can go into power saving mode and begin to put aside into the reserve literally everything that you will eat.
How to train correctly?
How to train correctly? First, you need to determine the optimal intervals between workouts. It is advisable to study two or three times a week, that is, to make intervals for recovery and rest for two days. But the duration of the intervals should depend on several factors, such as the level of physical fitness, lifestyle, diet and day regimen. For example, if you do hard work and do not sleep much, your muscles will need more time to recover, and in this case you should not train more than twice a week. And if you are well prepared, eat a balanced diet and have enough rest, you can study in two or even one day.
Secondly, determine the goals of training.So, if you want to increase endurance and strength, then you should engage more often, but not increase the load, but stick to the same level. For mass growth, you need to wait for full recovery and supercompensation, as well as increase the load. The girls are important beautiful body and slimness, for gaining which does not necessarily build muscle. Efficiently enough to work them out and burn as many calories as possible. In this case, the best option - regular anabolic loads (cycling, jumping, running, cardiovascular machines) two or three times a week. And try to change the exercises, so that all groups of muscles work.
Third, watch your food. Muscles under stress are vital protein, which can be obtained from fish and meat, seafood, dairy and dairy products, mushrooms, nuts. When strength training needs to restore energy reserves and include in the diet foods containing carbohydrates. But they must be complex, that is, assimilated gradually. These are found in cereals, nuts. If your main goal is weight loss, watch your daily calorie intake, but do not forget that training requires energy. Focus on protein, fiber, complex carbohydrates.Eat more vegetables, berries and fruits, choose low-fat fish, meat and dairy products. In addition, do not forget about the water, which is necessary to restore muscles and maintain normal metabolism.
Exercise daily is not worth it for several reasons, so this rule should be followed. Catching up correctly, you can lose weight and build muscle.
Updating the cover
The most fashionable makeup of autumn 2017
Fun flower pots for the whole family
How to cure wen on the face